A very wet Airshow (56k)

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was a bit wet yesterday at The Duxford Airspace Airshow.
OK it was VERY wet!
But I did get to play with my new 12-24mm Sigma WIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEE angle lens

Photo quality isn't as good as I'd like as I had to do some playing with Levels because of the bad lighting.

CLICK IMAGES FOR HIGH RES VERSIONS

Seaking

Spitfire

Avro Vulcan

Miles Magister

Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer

F15

B-17 Sally B

De Havilland Dragon Rapide

The Red Sparrows

C130 J check out the props

Thanks for sending your yesterday's weather eastward, i.e. to where I am now ... now I really get a feel for what it must have been like for you to be out in the open trying to photograph an airshow.

Nevertheless, I quite like the effects you got out of your cool new wide-angle lens, like that Seaking in the first photo is really cool in this manner! :D

I like the clouds in your Spitfire-pic, but - sorry - that's me: I look past the planes ... erm ... cough-cough. My husband would very look AT the planes, I promise. But he's not here to look (someone must earn the money for my hobby, heeheehee, oops, now I told :oops: :lol: )

And I like thatpic of the Red Sparrows! Cute name for planes. Nice formation stands for a nice composition here!

LaFoto said:
Thanks for sending your yesterday's weather eastward, i.e. to where I am now ... now I really get a feel for what it must have been like for you to be out in the open trying to photograph an airshow.

Nevertheless, I quite like the effects you got out of your cool new wide-angle lens, like that Seaking in the first photo is really cool in this manner! :D

I like the clouds in your Spitfire-pic, but - sorry - that's me: I look past the planes ... erm ... cough-cough. My husband would very look AT the planes, I promise. But he's not here to look (someone must earn the money for my hobby, heeheehee, oops, now I told :oops: :lol: )

And I like thatpic of the Red Sparrows! Cute name for planes. Nice formation stands for a nice composition here!

Cheers Corinna, to be honest I'm not really happy with any of them, but Like you I find the Spitfire the best because of the sky. I like the seaking shots BUT.... because of the difference in stops from the helicopter and the sky its just made the seaking soooo grainy :grumpy:

I really like the Seaking...
is that a heliocopter?
All the pictures are nice,
just like the clouds in the first two
the best. They are a nice back-
drop for the planes!

Jeff Canes said:
Nice series, on C130 shots is that water mist coming off the props?
Yeah its a mixture of rain and vapour. Its the only time I've ever seen it, it does happen on dry days if there is enough vapour in the air.

lostprophet said:
Yeah its a mixture of rain and vapour. Its the only time I've ever seen it, it does happen on dry days if there is enough vapour in the air.

Andy the light was really poor wasn't it - Hope Alex enjoyed it though would like to see some of his work from the day. That 12mm Sigma really does bring out the best in the sky - my 15mm does the same - it puts cloud where other lens can't find them - I will remind you of your promise to let me try it on the 1Ds MkII should be awlsome - not sure of the Spitfire - all prop and where did the tail go? The C130's are good, the day was made for them - those paddle propswhen set for take off really do pressure the air out to the tips - look closely at the first shot in the series and see how close the corkscrew effect of the blade are to that in the third image - it's to do with the way the prop blades bites as the speed increases - I think these would be as good as you could expect on such a day - Just one question - who is the Duck? - He's cute ain't he.:wink:

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
Andy - Just one question - who is the Duck? - He's cute ain't he.:wink:

I worry about you Ray I really do

Great shots! I love how your using your wide angle lens on the first few.... really interesting shots. So what makes the props on the C130 J go like that? Is it one of those effects like when a car is next to you, the rims seem to be spinning backwards?

Fate said:
Great shots! I love how your using your wide angle lens on the first few....
Ditto

Fate said:
Great shots! I love how your using your wide angle lens on the first few.... really interesting shots. So what makes the props on the C130 J go like that? Is it one of those effects like when a car is next to you, the rims seem to be spinning backwards?

The props on the C130 spin so fast and they can change the angle, so when they are at full speed and they are twisted the air comes of them so fast you get a jest trail effect and because the props are spinning you get the corkscrew trails.... I think :er: thats what my mate was explaining to me

Most reactions

Back