What's new

A walk in the woods.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
0
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
macro1t.jpg


woods.jpg


macro2.jpg


snow.jpg
 
2 and 3 are awesome! The second one looks like something from the age of the dinosaurs, it's awesome. And the third one, that's tight, I love the reflection in the droplet. The first and fourth are good, but not like, great, but compared to the second and third, it's hard for a shot to be great. Seriously great series.
 
2 is amazing! I love the color and light in that one.
 
You should walk in the woods more often.:wink: Number 1 is beautiful! It's a pity that number 2 is a tad overexposed and some detail is lost... otherwise it's amazing! Number 3 is not too shabby either. Very nice series.
 
they are all great
 
Thanks for the comments. I think I might reshoot #2 as an hdr.
 
1st is wonderful, reminds me of a population...that it is a sad 'population' (people, economy...)
first one is a keeper though... the green unfocused on the right side might be an issue due to the rest of the picture (composition-wise).

I don't really like the others honestly.

2: too complicated too over exposed, too much going on...
 
Great pictures. I know the light is out of your hands so it can sometimes be difficult to control, but there is some lost detail on #2. Still a great shot!

I like the last one as well with all the curves. It's interesting.

I saw these pics and knew you had to be on the west coast! I love it out there!
 
Great pictures. I know the light is out of your hands so it can sometimes be difficult to control, but there is some lost detail on #2. Still a great shot!

I like the last one as well with all the curves. It's interesting.

I saw these pics and knew you had to be on the west coast! I love it out there!


#2 was actually way underexposed originally. It's more my interpretation of the scene. I'm going to practice getting a good exposure in the dark backlit woods, I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Here's a shot that is close to what the original looked like. I thought it was kinda flat and dull. Thats why I went for the dramatic strange lighting.

The funny thing is I didn't even plan on keeping these shots of the woods. I was just checking the exposure with my D80 before I took the shot with my medium format. Otherwise I would have used a tripod.

moss-1.jpg
 
#1 and #2 are great, like a magical forest of fairies.

The lines are interesting in #4.
 
I'm envious. :meh:
You did pull off the photo I tried to get (without as much success) one evening while out in the woods (see here ). Why can you take it as well and I could not *wail*!?!?!

The fairy-woods are enormously beautiful! (I prefer the darker version, though).
 
I'm envious. :meh:
You did pull off the photo I tried to get (without as much success) one evening while out in the woods (see here ). Why can you take it as well and I could not *wail*!?!?!

The fairy-woods are enormously beautiful! (I prefer the darker version, though).

Do you know the name of those plants?
 
It's moss. Blooming!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom