“A Warrior's Silhouette” (Composite art.)

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this for a photo challenge that had the theme of "Silhouette".
The girl isn't real, I took a photo of my Figma art figurine and then drew in the clothes, hair, cane, and sword in PhotoShop. The dog is my pet, and the gear on the dog was also drawn in PS. C&C is welcome.
Here is the description I wrote to go with it.
"To be a warrior or a hero doesn't mean you are an adult, or a man. It means you are going to fight for good, it means you have started a life altering journey to save those in need, or even to save yourself when no one less will save you. But you may not even know that part. So the journey to save your world or yourself may only start with a little girl with inner strength and a beast for her army!"

This photo was deeply inspired by the book "My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologies" By Fredrik Backman. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it, best book ever!!!

warrior in the distance.jpg

Different and interesting. The packages on the dog looks odd. I don't think the dog needs any augmentation for this image to be successful.

Last edited:
outstanding
Well done.
Thank you both very much! :)

Different and interesting. The packages on the dog looks odd. I don't think the dog needs any augmentation for this image to be successful.

I felt like she needed more gear for a "journey ", but I didn't have anything to put on my dog in real life (not that he would go for that at all! LOL) and my PS drawing skills aren't good at all.
But you are completely right about them looking odd. Maybe someday I will reshoot with a real pack for the dog and a real model. :)
Thank you very much for you C&C though. :)

I like the fact that your " beast " doubled as a load bearer. After all, your warrior needs her hands ready for their defense!

Reading the prologue I have to say you rendered a perfect match for an image. The colors in the sky compliment the effect. Only negative I might see is the silhouette of the girl seems slightly lost in the vastness of all that sky. Maybe a slightly tighter crop?

Amazing. Really a great job!

Wonderfully done! The dog needs a second front leg.

This is really cool! Agree about the gear on the dog - for me it distracts from the rest of the photo. But that is a tiny thing with respect to your overall vision on this. So creative and nice PS skills with the compositing and drawing.

I like the fact that your " beast " doubled as a load bearer. After all, your warrior needs her hands ready for their defense!

Exactly what I thought, thank you! :)

Reading the prologue I have to say you rendered a perfect match for an image. The colors in the sky compliment the effect. Only negative I might see is the silhouette of the girl seems slightly lost in the vastness of all that sky. Maybe a slightly tighter crop?

That is a good point, I will keep that in mind, thank you! :)

Amazing. Really a great job!

Thank you very much! :)

Wonderfully done! The dog needs a second front leg.

He was in mid-step, and it does look off so I will probably add a foot in. Getting him to walk past without looking at me was hard, animals are never eas to work with.
Thank you though! :)

This is really cool! Agree about the gear on the dog - for me it distracts from the rest of the photo. But that is a tiny thing with respect to your overall vision on this. So creative and nice PS skills with the compositing and drawing.

I love working in PS, the more detailed the better! But I still have more to learn.
thank you! :)

Most reactions

Back