A Wet & Wild....Lincoln's Sparrow

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent most of the afternoon just watching the different birds feeding, drinking and fighting. I just enjoyed the show and really didn’t take any pictures. Then I saw a “new” bird, a Lincoln’s Sparrow. I only got one photo last year and never saw it again. This afternoon he (or she) decided to stop by and take a drink….then jumped in to take a bath! I was so happy….my first ‘bathing beauty’!

lincolns-sparrow-0800.jpg

lincolns-sparrow-0812.jpg

lincolns-sparrow-0817.jpg

lincolns-sparrow-0820.jpg

Absolutely terrific shots Mike. I don't think very many people realize how hard it is to get great shots of small birds. Photographing herons, egrets, etc. is dead simple in comparison. Big birds are often slow moving and often downright stately. Small birds are so active and jumpy they can be a real pain to photograph.

I really like the last one :) Lovley reflections in the water! Nice capture.

great captures!

I don't think very many people realize how hard it is to get great shots of small birds.

I certainly do...

Very fun shots. Nice, crisp focus in the right areas & good catchlight in the eyes. Great job...:thumbup:

It is tough to capture songbirds, even know I have a "studio" it's still a challenge because they just can't stand still....just like my kids!

Thanks for looking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back