A whole new meaning to "morning face"

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Unusual rock formation and sunrise, Rocky Mountain National Park.

Panasonic FZ5
ISO 80
f/8
1/200s
Warming filter
Manfrotto 676B monopod

P1010207-3.jpg

I LOVE your photographs! Where have you been for so long. POST MORE!!!!
As far as a critique, all I can say is it's beautiful and that as far as I am concerned, it's a masterpiece.
So when are you going to start selling posters?

I'm with elsapet on this one :) You have quite a nice style and I usually always like your work.

As far as critique goes on this one, it seems the bottom corner may be a bit too dark and loses detail b/c of the darkness, but that causes me to focus on the background which is gorgeous :) Keep up the great work!!!

The depth and composition is excellent. THe only downside I see is the combination of the darkness at the top left and the bottom right. The bottom right darkness works well for the image, however the darkness in the top left takes something away... in my opinion.

Well, I've never been held to that before. I don't want to sound like I'm disregarding your request....but what if we don't have an opinion on what we are trying to convey? I GENERALLY try to convey a sense of place....trying to get the viewer to perhaps wish they were there. That to me is the essence of landscape photography. But I don't always make a deliberate effort to convey anything specific. I just go with the flow. I think when you start worrying about those types of things then you take the chance of the spontaneity leaving your image.

I'll leave the opinions to like or dislike to the viewer. If Jon Mikal has a problem with that, then I will post elsewhere. This is a good point of discussion. I guess I'm not familiar with everyone's strict adherence to every aspect of the guidelines.

ccd333 said:
what if we don't have an opinion on what we are trying to convey? I GENERALLY try to convey a sense of place....trying to get the viewer to perhaps wish they were there. That to me is the essence of landscape photography. But I don't always make a deliberate effort to convey anything specific. I just go with the flow.
A comment like that would be fine. It's just to give people a way in to give a meaningful critique: a starting point, in effect.
A lot of people do not know where to start when faced with just a picture. A simple sentence about your feelings towards the image, even if it's just to say you aren't sure what you are trying to do, can be enough to get people started.
The aim of a critique is to benefit you, to help you improve as a photographer. In view of this I don't think it is too much to ask that people meet us half-way, do you?

the idea of frameing is good , but the dark area seems too much

Most reactions

Back