A workout!

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
From a session yesterday of a 2-year-old. It really wasn't easy to get these. Took nearly an hour... a LONG time for a 2-year-old.

As always, i would appreciate some critiques.

Thanks!
Pete

2yr.jpg

The one on the left he looks much older than 2.. they are very cute though. I would like to see a closer crop on the bottom one, and maybe shift to the left on the right picture...lol..i mean... more bg beside his foot. lol. I like them though...very nice, clean lighting...nice!

Very nice. I agree, he looks quite a bit older than two in some of them! I really like the one on the left though, looks very relaxed and natural.

I love those Pete. I think it's his "little man-ness" that's so adorable. Beautiful lighting my friend!

Looks like a good sized two year old.

I like them all because your photos are always so well done but my least favorite is the one with the teddy bear. I'm not sure why. I guess because he does not look as happy as the others and he looks a bit awkward.

I really like the one with the baseball cap. He looks really relaxed and natural.

I think about what my kids were like at two and I think it's fine work.

You did a fantastic job here! My favorite is the one on the left, but he does look so much older than two! Wouldn't surprise me if his parents like the one with the bear the most since he looks the youngest there and I bet they don't want him growing up so fast :) Your lighting is fantastic and the posing is great. I'm very impressed that you got him to sit for you...that's talent!

Wow! Most of my photo shoots are with Children this age and I haven't come close to getting them to look like this! How do you do it? I am amazed:) I hope someday I can get images as nice as these with children so young.

These are wonderful and very professional looking. I wish I could get my 19 month old to sit that still, but I can only do that when he is sleeping!! HAHAH!
I absolutely love the teddy bear photo..shows his tender youth very nicely!

AprilRamone said:
How do you do it?

First, I thank everyone for your kind words. You're all too kind.

I use an old trick I learned many years ago... young kids absolutely LOVE seeing a grown-up mess up. After I have the kid in place and the lighting set, I "pose" the bear somewhere near the camera, making certain that the second I turn away, it falls. The second or third time that bear hits the floor, the kid is laughing out loud. Works 99.9% of the time. The ONLY time it backfired on me was when a small girl was afraid I might blame her for it. Needless to say, I shifted gears right away.

Thanks again!
Pete

Great idea, and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. The composites are something I am hitting really hard right now. What size will this be on print if you are indeed going to print it this way?

Doug Raflik

Christie Photo said:
First, I thank everyone for your kind words. You're all too kind.

I use an old trick I learned many years ago... young kids absolutely LOVE seeing a grown-up mess up. After I have the kid in place and the lighting set, I "pose" the bear somewhere near the camera, making certain that the second I turn away, it falls. The second or third time that bear hits the floor, the kid is laughing out loud. Works 99.9% of the time. The ONLY time it backfired on me was when a small girl was afraid I might blame her for it. Needless to say, I shifted gears right away.

Thanks again!
Pete

Wow! What a great idea! And you are totally right about kids loving to see adults mess up. I've made my group kids laugh time and time again by doing silly things like that, but I NEVER thought of using it for photography!

Thanks, Doug. Actually, I haven't shown this to the client. I put this together just to post here so you could see a sampling from one session.

So you're having good luck selling these? How do you procede? I wouldn't know how to price something like this.

Thanks!
Pete

Most reactions

Back