What's new

A55 Top invention of 2010?

They also selected the iPad in their technology winners section, so they got at least one item right.
 
I don't know Derrel. Granted, I've only spent a few minutes playing with the iPad, but is it really any better than a netbook?
 
I don't know Derrel. Granted, I've only spent a few minutes playing with the iPad, but is it really any better than a netbook?

Well...netbook processor orders from manufacturers are beginning to decline, indicating that demand for netbooks is on the decrease. The iPad on the other hand they say is the fastest-selling tecnhnology device on the market...and it incorporates the touch-sensitive screen technology...and the iPad has a backlighted keypad, which is extremely helpful for those with visual impairments...

A friend sent me this article and link to a video about the iPad. I was impressed: Video of 99-year-old Lake Oswego woman with iPad goes viral | OregonLive.com

The two things are quite different, much like the iPod was MUCH different and much,much,much better than the original Archos Jukebox mp3 player. I had an Archos Jukebox....wow...what a piece of crap....it used to spontaneously lose its formatting!!! Pokey USB interface. Built-in ni-cad battery pack...weighed a ton....malfunctioned every 4-5 days...iPod OTOH, worked for 3 years without a hiccup.
 
10FPS is a big deal...whether you use it or not, you can't shoot that feature down lol...

the pellicle mirror isn't new thats a given though...but the above is only possible cause of the mirror if im not mistaken....dont remember what i read on that camera well enough to elaborate...
 
Nikon's D3s can do 9 fps in FX mode and 11 fps in DX mode, using the good old flapping mirror technology.
 
i used an A55 not too long ago, i'ts actually a pretty slick piece of kit, despite how much i think Sony SLR's are cheap imitation.

Video recording using the EVF, just like in the Panasonic m4/3rds cameras is great.
10 fps really is quick.
phase-detection AF in video. This is the biggie, and it's one of those things you just have to see to believe.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom