Aachen Cathedral - Germany

Lars Leber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larsleber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Cathedral in Aachen is the oldest in northern Europe. I took this shot about a year ago when I visited my parents in Germany (who are the only people in this photo).

CRW_3303.jpg

It's a nice shot. Did you sharpen it?

It's nice, but oversharpened.

Nice comp etc but like the others say way oversharpened any chance of seeing the orginal?

I see what people are saying, but I actually really like it that sharp. Gives it a hyper real kinda look.

It would have been nice if your parents stood a bit more to the left (to balance out the tower) Cause at the moment the composition is a bit "right heavy".

Anyway, I really like it

It's a nice photo, but you've over done the toning (I assume with Photomatix). You're violating the tonal continuity -- there is no logical reason for the buildings to be brighter than the sky. You've also exceeded the sensor's ability to pick up color by artificially stopping down the sky in RAW as much as you have -- you notice that the sky goes from blue to grayscale as you approach the horizon. If you're going to do this, you need to take multiple shots at different exposures.

Good effort, though. I like the composition and the way you've isolated the subjects. :)

Most reactions

Back