What's new

Abandoned childs insane asylum

cool creepy shots, the last one with the grim reaper grafiti is pretty freaky
 
Where is this place? I'd love to go sometime...

Philly suburbs

Since you guys seem to like the "ghostly" pics

15.
1_22_12_07_1_59_12_52.JPG


16.
1_22_12_07_1_32_42_45.jpg


17.
1_22_12_07_12_56_21_11.jpg


18.
1_22_12_07_12_56_55_58.jpg
 
Last edited:
Very thought provoking photos! Makes one really think what went on in that kind of place. Thanks for sharing.
 
Wow I love #2 and 4 of your new set.. When I saw #4 I totally got that cold shiver going up my spine.
You should also post these pictures in the Abandoned thread. You will have the guys in there going wild with these shots! Fantastic!

Abel, do we really want to know what happened in those places? I think some of the tales would haunt us for life!
 
Wow...I would give away somebodies close relative to aliens if I could visit this place. Some great shots you captured here. Keep it up. :thumbup::thumbup:
 
Wow...I would give away somebodies close relative to aliens if I could visit this place. Some great shots you captured here. Keep it up. :thumbup::thumbup:
:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:
 
I think number 1 has a lot of promise to be a good shot, except that you shot a super contrasty scene. If you go back, I would try that shot, except set up with the window to your back or at least out of the frame.
 
Man, got some nice shot there, of a cool ass site. :thumbup::thumbup: Hey, if you do a lot of UE, too check out my thread "Abandoned Places" in the Photo Theme section. Lots of cool stuff there!

As soon as I saw the word "asylum" I clicked...:lmao::lmao:
 
As far as asylums go, this is one of the more trashed places, VERY trashed. There are far better places with a lot less damage if you know where to look. New York state and Mass have a lot of pristine asylums and TB hospitals.
 
I think number 1 has a lot of promise to be a good shot, except that you shot a super contrasty scene. If you go back, I would try that shot, except set up with the window to your back or at least out of the frame.

Heres some others from that room. Its a "gym" with bleachers and a gym horse and even bars among other things such as desks and basketball nets.

19.
1_22_12_07_12_34_03_39.jpg

(I didn't have a tripod so I had to use the desk)

20.
1_22_12_07_12_34_04_40.jpg

(these pictures are probably 2+ years old)

21.
And some regular pictures (non-artsy)
1_22_12_07_12_34_01_36.jpg


22.
1_22_12_07_12_34_02_38.jpg


Man, got some nice shot there, of a cool ass site. :thumbup::thumbup: Hey, if you do a lot of UE, too check out my thread "Abandoned Places" in the Photo Theme section. Lots of cool stuff there!

As soon as I saw the word "asylum" I clicked...:lmao::lmao:

I'll have to check that out

As far as asylums go, this is one of the more trashed places, VERY trashed. There are far better places with a lot less damage if you know where to look. New York state and Mass have a lot of pristine asylums and TB hospitals.

Yes this one is wrecked pretty good. Not as bad as the other one that they knocked down recently. Theres one around here in better condition but I haven't been to in awhile as it was difficult to not get caught. Sucks everyone feels the need to wreck them.
 
Wow...I would give away somebodies close relative to aliens if I could visit this place. Some great shots you captured here. Keep it up. :thumbup::thumbup:

I love this thread ... Some Great photos here.

I can picture Chiller in this place .... ;)

My favourite has got to be number 16 ... Wonderful :)


Thanks for sharing.
 
I really like these shots, they really make you think. Nothing like that where I am from, we have alot of corn, soybean, and sorgum fields though. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks everyone for the comments!

23.
1_22_12_07_12_47_43_69.jpg

The crap on the ground is some sort of insulation as they eventually boarded up the top floors

24.
1_22_12_07_12_47_42_68.jpg


25.
1_22_12_07_12_47_28_35.jpg

These were on the walls to tell who's birthday was in what month and how old they would have been.

26.
1_22_12_07_12_47_26_33.jpg
 
WOW! I love abandoned buildings. You got some great captures. Anyway you could share the address? I live within an hour and really want to go check it out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom