Abandoned home

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm not too much of a black and white guy, but this one looks just much better in B&W than color...I'm going to be shooting alot of similar stuff during the next couple weeks and I have a feeling that some will probably be better in B&W...so a little practice...so far, I've found that I REALLY need to get camera RAW that supports the D800, my CS4 doesn't support it :thumbdown:...oh well I kinda saw that coming....they'll be more workable at that point...I had to convert this to TIFF then make some crude adjustments, and convert to JPEG...:confused: looks like CS6 upgrade will be my next purchase...maybe I can try re-processing it at that point...

this is an abandoned house I found out in the middle of nowhere just off the highway. lighting was terrible, it started raining as I was putting my gear away...but when I saw it I couldn't pass it by without taking a shot of it.

D800 19mm f8 1/100s

Abandoned.jpg

it might be a little on the dark side, but I wanted it to give off that kinda vibe...thoughts? suggestions?

Of the two b&w-conversions shown here I certainly prefer the first, the starker, more really BLACK and WHITE one, the lighter one is too grey, so I think.
I like the subject!

I agree that the first conveys the mood better. I would crop the top of it to remove most of the bright area in the center and then perhaps darken the remainder a bit.

I do like the mood of the first...but I tend to like the crop of the second better, I agree the second is definitely more grey tone. perhaps I can play with that one a bit more...

Thanks!

I like it- very forboding!

Can you dodge the highlights and burn the shadows of the weeds/brush in the foreground? I think it would add more contrast and help the image a little.
Here is a quick try I did.

$Untitled-1.jpg

thats a good idea, I did a quick edit on the second one here...I can't decide if it was too extreme or not....I dig the mood of the image with the higher contrast, but I can't decide if it looks too over processed.

$Abandoned3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back