Abandoned Hospital

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently shot an old abandoned hospital. Had a blast! My 16 year old was with me and he enjoyed it as much as I did, if not more. My only problem was that once we snuck in I realized I should have brought my tripod, which was sitting in the car 100 feet away, but I didn't want to chance going in a second time once I was there. I ended up hand-holding stuff I normally would have sued the tripod for, but that won't be a problem next time.

I know they are rather saturated and some grain in some of them, but I think it works with the subject matter.

One more note on the photographs. You’ll see that quite a few of them appear twice in the gallery. I have included the original photos as well as my attempt at a ghostly filtered effect version. Due to the lack of light and contrast I have attempted to “enhance” the images to bring out the erie atmosphere of the place. I’d like some feedback on the “filtered” images if you’re willing to comment.

Here's the gallery if you'd like to view more: Chris Stegner - BluegrassPhotography.Net | Abandoned Hayswood Hospital

p189092690-4.jpg

p850337629-4.jpg

p143600245-4.jpg

p11188083-4.jpg

p1049704651-4.jpg

I don't know what the fascination is that we have with such old and abused places, but I know that they interest me, and I like your images.

You can feel a lot of 'ghosts' in those images.

I don't know what the fascination is that we have with such old and abused places, but I know that they interest me, and I like your images.

You can feel a lot of 'ghosts' in those images.

That's exactly how I feel too. Very cool pics!

really cool shots.. love em :thumbup:

That's fascinating. I work on medical equipment for a living so I love seeing pictures like this. That old OR is nuts.

awesome stuff mate, always love seeing a bit of urbex! a great find! i imagine you plan on returning? i know that once i find something like that, i can't help but go back :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back