What's new

Abandoned Psychiatric Hospital

robertjack

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$20140518_173203_1.webp$20140518_172919_3.webp$20140518_171242_1.webp$20140518_170029_1.webp
Hi, I'm new here and relatively new to photography. These 4 pics were captured on my phone. (Galaxy S3)

I recently acquired a Canon RebelX (film). I blew through 4 rolls and have them currently being processed.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • $20140504_145442_1.webp
    $20140504_145442_1.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Cool pictures although the flowers look out of place, not sure why they are there?

We have an abandoned hospital too, and my nephew has gone in and taken some really amazing shots. However, I'm not brave enough to break the law and go in there, although I would really love too.
 
Be very careful when going into these buildings. Due to neglect you could fall through the floor or something could break off and hurt you very badly.
 
I love urban decay. Cool pics.
 
55 Gallon drum of the Department of Defense and a flower by a window for light doesn't not feel like a Abandon Psychiatric Hospital to me and the last one looks like a actively maintained church and doesn't really fit the title. Inside shots may have helped a lot on this,like abandon beds,wheel chairs etc. Welcome.
 
:er: I like that he had dared go inside and use whatever means he had at the time to capture these shots...for what it's worth, I like what he chose to shoot here. It might not sit well with others but the efffort is well worth it.
 
ah, memories.
 
:er: I like that he had dared go inside and use whatever means he had at the time to capture these shots...for what it's worth, I like what he chose to shoot here. It might not sit well with others but the efffort is well worth it.

Agree on that but still should have left the flower out as it brings a sign of life to a dead place. last photo really is pretty and could have been a stand alone separate thread. The 55 gallon drum of the DoD implies something totally different then a mental hospital to me.
 
Be very careful when going into these buildings. Due to neglect you could fall through the floor or something could break off and hurt you very badly.

Thanks Hamlet for your concern. I've been urban exploring for a long time. I almost never for alone -- usually with 2 or 3 other people. Though today I did go alone, back to the abandoned psych hospital.
 
Thanks DarkShadow. The 55 gallon drum was from a fallout shelter inside the hospital. The flower pot was as found, sitting quietly on a dirty old window sill.

There were no beds or wheel chairs in the hospital, at least not viable for a shot.

The church picture I didn't intend to include. It was taken shortly after the building was abandoned.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom