vimdiesul
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 2, 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Brooklyn, NY
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum; I'm excited to join this community & hope this post is in the right place.
I am relatively new to bulk loading film and have successfully bulk loaded ~150 rolls of Kodak Vision 320T film. I mixed my own chemistry and got some decent results. I enjoy giving the film away to friends because I like the film and it still has pretty good color rendering for its age. However, some of my friends have issues finding labs that develop ECN-2 and I personally don't enjoy having to prebath the rem-jet and wipe the remaining pockmarks from each roll every time I develop (I develop in a 5 reel patterson tank at home).
I recently had a windfall of four 400' reels of Fujicolor Reala 500D & am looking for a solution to wash the rem-jet from each reel in whole, before spooling and cutting the film into individual cassettes.
Of course this would require washing and drying the film in complete darkness, and ensuring some way for the rem-jet to be completely removed so as to not ruin any C-41 chemistry if one were to choose to cross-process a roll down the line.
I've been scratching my head about this for a couple of weeks, any my only thought is to make some sort of jig that passes the film through rollers leading in and out of a tub of rem-jet prebath, then through a tub of water for a wash step. It would be nice too to have the film pass through some sort of soft/microfiber roller to catch any remaining specks of rem-jet before finally going through some sort of drying step. It wouldn't necessarily need to accomodate the full 400' as I would already need to cut the film into 100' segments to bulk roll with my lloyd loader.
I've looked online and found minimal sources on this exact problem... the best thing I could find was a channel on youtube where someone did the exact thing. However the video along with most of the other videos on the channel were removed by the author. The only thing I could make out from the thumbnail was one part of the custom roller jig but that's it.
I don't have immediate access to a 3D printer. But can work well with wood, metal and other materials at home to make what I need...
>Does anyone have experience doing something like this?
>I've heard kodak's rem-jet prebath solution works wonders on Kodak ECN-2 film. How well does it perform with Fuji ECN-2 film?
I would love to hear any thoughts and opinions on this; if someone has done this before I would love to hear about your process and troubleshooting.
Thanks much,
VimDiesul
I am relatively new to bulk loading film and have successfully bulk loaded ~150 rolls of Kodak Vision 320T film. I mixed my own chemistry and got some decent results. I enjoy giving the film away to friends because I like the film and it still has pretty good color rendering for its age. However, some of my friends have issues finding labs that develop ECN-2 and I personally don't enjoy having to prebath the rem-jet and wipe the remaining pockmarks from each roll every time I develop (I develop in a 5 reel patterson tank at home).
I recently had a windfall of four 400' reels of Fujicolor Reala 500D & am looking for a solution to wash the rem-jet from each reel in whole, before spooling and cutting the film into individual cassettes.
Of course this would require washing and drying the film in complete darkness, and ensuring some way for the rem-jet to be completely removed so as to not ruin any C-41 chemistry if one were to choose to cross-process a roll down the line.
I've been scratching my head about this for a couple of weeks, any my only thought is to make some sort of jig that passes the film through rollers leading in and out of a tub of rem-jet prebath, then through a tub of water for a wash step. It would be nice too to have the film pass through some sort of soft/microfiber roller to catch any remaining specks of rem-jet before finally going through some sort of drying step. It wouldn't necessarily need to accomodate the full 400' as I would already need to cut the film into 100' segments to bulk roll with my lloyd loader.
I've looked online and found minimal sources on this exact problem... the best thing I could find was a channel on youtube where someone did the exact thing. However the video along with most of the other videos on the channel were removed by the author. The only thing I could make out from the thumbnail was one part of the custom roller jig but that's it.
I don't have immediate access to a 3D printer. But can work well with wood, metal and other materials at home to make what I need...
>Does anyone have experience doing something like this?
>I've heard kodak's rem-jet prebath solution works wonders on Kodak ECN-2 film. How well does it perform with Fuji ECN-2 film?
I would love to hear any thoughts and opinions on this; if someone has done this before I would love to hear about your process and troubleshooting.
Thanks much,
VimDiesul
