TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C always welcome.

Cabinpolarizeddifferentwithred_MG_3.jpg

Thanks, mudthirsty.

nice work, great angles and a killer sky

Invisible and Stickman, thanks. The sky owes a lot to a polarizing filter.

I took this one yesterday morning. This place is an hour's drive by dirt road from the nearest town (Willcox, AZ). I'd guess that three-quarters of the very widely scattered houses in the area are abandoned.

Good find and I really like the shot.

But I'm more impressed that someone had the forethought to remove the fridge door.

"But I'm more impressed that someone had the forethought to remove the fridge door."

I had the same thought. :)

My favorite type of photography! I love to think of what the last owner's last day there was like and what they thought when they finally decided to abandon the dwelling that was once their pride and joy.

This is a great shot! The contrast between the blue sky and the whole area is awesome.

I love the color! great picture.

What part of Arizona?

I lived there for 4 years.

Thanks for the comments. rhall, this is west-northwest of Willcox in the southeastern part of the state. Chihuahuan desert, about 4,800 feet.

My favorite type of photography! I love to think of what the last owner's last day there was like and what they thought when they finally decided to abandon the dwelling that was once their pride and joy.

Not sure THAT place was ever anyones "pride and joy".

lol

...but what a cool photograph!

Nice shot. Around here those were called 'jackrabbit homesteads.' Usually built in the 50s, the improvement to the property would make you proud owner of 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back