Invisible and Stickman, thanks. The sky owes a lot to a polarizing filter.
I took this one yesterday morning. This place is an hour's drive by dirt road from the nearest town (Willcox, AZ). I'd guess that three-quarters of the very widely scattered houses in the area are abandoned.
My favorite type of photography! I love to think of what the last owner's last day there was like and what they thought when they finally decided to abandon the dwelling that was once their pride and joy.
My favorite type of photography! I love to think of what the last owner's last day there was like and what they thought when they finally decided to abandon the dwelling that was once their pride and joy.
Nice shot. Around here those were called 'jackrabbit homesteads.' Usually built in the 50s, the improvement to the property would make you proud owner of 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.