Aboriginal genocide rally, June 24, 2010, 11:00 am

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0288-1.jpg

looks snapshot-ish. there's nothing here that tells me what this is about

They're aboriginals, Rusty. They were protesting the genocide of 300 aboriginals or Indians in Nunavut and Yellowknife, Canada. I went there to take pictures. They marched on the way to G20 summit, three blocks away from Queen's Park where the Parliament resides. When the firetrucks started trickling in, I went to the nearest subway station, rode the train and went home. I don't know what happened. They were probably hosed with water or tear gassed. Obama was there too. Periodista/fotografo para granma.cu

Nikon D500, 70-300 mm zoom lens

They're aboriginals, Rusty. They were protesting the genocide of 300 aboriginals or Indians in Nunavut and Yellowknife, Canada. I went there to take pictures. They marched on the way to G20 summit, three blocks away from Queen's Park where the Parliament resides. When the firetrucks started trickling in, I went to the nearest subway station, rode the train and went home. I don't know what happened. They were probably hosed with water or tear gassed. Obama was there too. Periodista/fotografo para granma.cu

that's great but your photo should have told me that. capture the emotion and such

that's great but your photo should have told me that. capture the emotion and such
THIS this this

There's like, nothing about what you explained in your picture.

oh and all the pics you have posted from this rally were OOF

Thats when you should have been shooting and you would have got some interesting shots

well, i think if you focused in on the lady with the black cap you can at least capture some gloom. The lady in the middle looks like she is waiting for the bus or something.

Thats when you should have been shooting and you would have got some interesting shots

I would not risk my life doing that for these guys. Giving them media mileage in this photoforum.is already a risk in itself. Besides my friends in granma.cu often tell me, "you are not a foot soldier..Don't act as one..you are a photojournalist." Three hundred fifty Nunavuts had already died doing the kind of thing that I am doing..Isn't that good enough for me and for them..Of course, I am in their (RCMPs) roster..What else do you expect...

one thing you could do is not keep your lens zoomed all the way to 300. zoom out so we can see what's happening.

I was already advised by a magazine I read not to extend it to 300 mm. Ya, you're right...Rusty..

That was funny, Bitter...Orly who? My name is Domingo R. Rodriguez. I am the designated officer in charge of Granma.cu here in Toronto. I translate all English newspapers in Spanish and transmit them to Granma, official newspaper of Cuba. ..Como esta, amigo? Jeweler? YOu should see the high tech gadgets given to me by Fidel Castro..Alienware computer, Lenovo computer, another Apple Mcintosh computer..One Hasselblad...One Shen Hao 4x5 and so many many more ..together with a designated driver-bodyguard..

k. i was just guessing most of these were at 300, i didn't look at the EXIF

That was funny, Bitter...Orly who? My name is Domingo R. Rodriguez. I am the designated officer in charge of Granma.cu here in Toronto. I translate all English newspapers in Spanish and transmit them to Granma, official newspaper of Cuba. ..Como esta, amigo? Jeweler? YOu should see the high tech gadgets given to me by Fidel Castro..Alienware computer, Lenovo computer, another Apple Mcintosh computer..One Hasselblad...One Shen Hao 4x5 and so many many more ..together with a designated driver-bodyguard..

Cool story, bro.

I have a laser.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back