What's new

Aboriginal genocide rally, June 24, 2010, 11:00 am

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
DSC_0387.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
I kept on clicking and clicking sometimes haphazardly because there was movement all around. They were marching. I will post a sharp picture of a lady cop. See if it satisfies your criteria.
 
aboriginal GENOCIDE rally? What?! people actually rallying for the genocide of aboriginals? Or are you missing an anti somewhere in the sentence? :)
 
aboriginal GENOCIDE rally? What?! people actually rallying for the genocide of aboriginals? Or are you missing an anti somewhere in the sentence? :)

The genocide of aboriginals has already transpired. Ya it can also be aboriginal anti-genocide rally. Look at their ads. It says rally to protest aboriginal genocide.....
 
The genocide is not over. But it is of no import on a photo forum. We are here to discuss photography, not politics, no matter how much I would like to discuss the political side of it.

I want to command you on trying to show this event but your shots are really not that great. Sorry. Keep trying though. We need people to show what is going on in the world.

#1 = For all I know, this person is enjoying herself at a jazz festival of some kind. Nothing here says rally, demonstration.

#2 = Due to your title, I'm seeing the press of the media on some person of value. But I have no idea who she is and, without the title, I would have no idea what this is about.

#3 = Just a bunch of cops with their bicycles.

#4 = She may be hot but we have no idea what she is doing, what the photo is about, etc.

I hope you can see this post as trying to teach you something and not as just taking a dump on you.

When you photograph such events you have to keep in mind that the people looking at the photos later on have no idea what is going on. That means your photos have to tel them what is going on.

Those do not.
 
The fact that you are thanking me is unfortunately not a good sign.

You do not yet understand what you shoot and how to shoot it. Your response to most of the posts, including mine, should have been: those photos accompany an article, they show one part of what is going on without really explaining it because no photo can explain it in just one frame.

This is a case of photo + article. It is very common, and very normal. Most PJ photos don't stand much of a chance without the article. Most PJ photos that have made it into the history books did so for the wrong reasons.

Here is the best example ever of how a photo can be misunderstood:
http://www.nocaptionneeded.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/eddie-adams-icon.png

This image was understood in a totally wrong way. It ruined the general's life and it ruined the photog's life. The photographer never recovered from how his photo was understood.

All that to say, keep shooting. As I said earlier, you are learning, so be it. But we need people like you to at least try and show what is going on. Don't give up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom