About 42 years ago

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
51127552085_95721127d7_b.jpg

I've been digitizing all my old film negatives, slides, and prints for family archives. The little guy in the picture is now over 40, and has a son of his own. When Casey showed this to Asher, he pointed to Casey in the picture, and said "Asher."

51127552085_95721127d7_b.jpg

I've been digitizing all my old film negatives, slides, and prints for family archives. The little guy in the picture is now over 40, and has a son of his own. When Casey showed this to Asher, he pointed to Casey in the picture, and said "Asher."

That reminds me that I have a similar project awaiting me. How about showing your copy setup?

It always amazes me to look back through old pictures and see how things transcend the years. A few years ago DIL was looking through an old album when she stopped on one and asked son who the woman was he was standing next to. The shot was of my grandparents, at about the same age. The resemblance to his great grandfather was very close.

Casey and Asher. Asher's first snow man. It has the family nose. (not my image)
50941283247_d0d99988be_b.jpg

How about showing your copy setup?

Mostly, this:
51127987236_f8b74c64db_b.jpg

Takes 35mm 110, and 126 negatives and slides. Saves them on an SD card. I then clean them up in Gimp. For prints, I use the scanner on an Epson ET-3750, set at 600 dpi.
Not sure what I'm going to do about the 120/220 negatives.

Edit: the Kodak scanner offers a limited but useful amount of editing, which is pretty good for most scans.

Last edited:
How about showing your copy setup?

Mostly, this:
51127987236_f8b74c64db_b.jpg

Takes 35mm 110, and 126 negatives and slides. Saves them on an SD card. I then clean them up in Gimp. For prints, I use the scanner on an Epson ET-3750, set at 600 dpi.
Not sure what I'm going to do about the 120/220 negatives.

Edit: the Kodak scanner offers a limited but useful amount of editing, which is pretty good for most scans.

I bought a light table and negative holder and plan on using my DSLR and either my 100mm Macro or my bellows with a 50mm to do the copying.

Done that. And it works. It just seems like the workflow went better using the Kodak scanner. But that's probably just me. Whatever works for you is best.

I have a slide copier that connects to my DSLR, and that works pretty well too. It would have been better if I had a light table or other reliable source of standard illumination.

Most reactions

Back