About this forum...

Michael Humle said:
I am amazed that out of 92 views only 8 replys! The people in this forum usually have a great deal to say...what happened here, especially on a very important question?
Oh well, I guess it's time to....:delete:

8 to 92. That's a very normal response-rate. And although it's interesting to see what people are looking for in TPF, this is probably not a 'very important question' for a lot of people (including me, I just like to add my 2 cts).

pascal

Puscas said:
8 to 92. That's a very normal response-rate. And although it's interesting to see what people are looking for in TPF, this is probably not a 'very important question' for a lot of people (including me, I just like to add my 2 cts).
pascal

But that is what makes it important...that you want to add your "2 cts." :thumbup:

Oh, and just one word on the reply:views ratio: never forget that many outsiders come and read but never reply because they are not registered! They push the view-count up as much as members coming to look into a thread do.

LaFoto said:
Oh, and just one word on the reply:views ratio: never forget that many outsiders come and read but never reply because they are not registered! They push the view-count up as much as members coming to look into a thread do.

I wasn't aware of that...thanks for the info LaFoto! :wink:

This forum is my teacher and my friend!!!!! This forum has been one of the best places I have found on the net. It has brought out a creative side in me that I wasn't even sure I had!!!!!

All I can say is Thank you TPF!!!!!!

oldnavy170 said:
This forum is my teacher and my friend!!!!! This forum has been one of the best places I have found on the net. It has brought out a creative side in me that I wasn't even sure I had!!!!!

All I can say is Thank you TPF!!!!!!

Well put oldnavy170, I couldn't agree with you more...! :thumbup:

I joined quite a while ago, then school got really busy. But when I came back, I was glad to find that the forum was as active as before and as informative as before.

I always thought that this forum was simply the best I could find. To me, being here is all about learning and teaching. Just the other day I posted some blabla about lens conversion factors in reply to someone looking for opinions about a lens. Funny thing is, I learned about this lens-conversion-factor thing just days before, from fellow TPF members. And I just thought that the passing on of knowledge is such an amazing thing, and it happens every second around here.

You post your pictures and look at others' pictures, you interact, you ask questions, post answers, critiques, and comments. And with everyone being so friendly and helpful, everything just comes along so smoothly.

mysteryscribe said:
I would like to think this forum helps people see photography in a new and larger way, but who knows it might be about which is better the kon or the non.
Btw the 'tax is better than either :lmao:

IMO the great thing about TPF is we can have those debates of the "my vast Japanese corporation is better than your vast Japanese corporation" variety, or (God forbid it should ever happen again) even the film vs digital variety, but they are mostly debates and sensible ones. Compare that to the forums on Dpreview (no offence intended to anyone who frequents it), where the levels of abuse, pettiness and factionalism can be unbelievable. I'm sure it helps that here it's not all divided up into lots of separate forums by brand name, professional experience etc, but basically the people and the culture here just seem more reasonable, helpful and friendly.

I am very grateful to all those who have replied to this question! Put aside the idea that I asked this question. The answers are not fo me, they are for everyone and I hope the replys will continue becuase they are ALL so good! Please, don't let this question just fade away...Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back