Abstraction

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Sunrise Experimental

sunrise_exp.jpg

thats an experiment alright. I'm not sure what to think of it. I kind of like the picture. The contrast of the colors on the sky bother me some. I think it might be better if they followed the warm colors of the bottom part. Thats just a thought. Some one else care to help me out a bit?

Oh, I don't know....it is what it is, so it's harder to critique than a straight-up photograph. I happen to like your bent buildings, it looks like a Polaroid SX70 manipulation. That said, if I were going for the distorted building/city view, I'd have cloned out the vehicles at the bottom, and made those buildings go to the bottom of the frame. I like your color scheme well enough, too, though I think I'd crop out most of that sky to focus attention on the buildings. Maybe try this again with a different kind of cityscape...? There's potential here. Going against what I usually like, I'll also say I dig your signature right there, as well. It fits in. :)

Well, you're definitely into more graphics artistry than photography, aren't you? ;) Nothing wrong with that.

This is a fun image, as well, I like your bright colors, too. You were smart to keep the signature tiny and out of the way here. The image itself...hard to say, but the highlights look a little blown out in the front...I'm not sure I like the shadow being outlined without the rest of the fruit being outlined...but overall, it's a decent look.

You seem to have a knack for this kind of work, so keep it up! :)

MMM.. I like the second one better. I'm not sure if I like the fact that it is so center focused but the design wouldn't work any other way with the strips and all. You have talent. Keep it up.

thanks for your comments!

terri: Maybe you're right, I'm loving it to create graphical stuff, but I love photography too and I'm trying to get better and better :) Here's a link that guides to some of my pics http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7399

karissa: You're right, it's so much centered but it was impossible to make it look good another way. By the way, thx for that talent phrase :D

santino said:
thanks for your comments!

terri: Maybe you're right, I'm loving it to create graphical stuff, but I love photography too and I'm trying to get better and better :) Here's a link that guides to some of my pics http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7399

karissa: You're right, it's so much centered but it was impossible to make it look good another way. By the way, thx for that talent phrase :D

Hey, there's no rule that says you can't do both. :p In fact, if you're a photoshop enthusiast, I'd say it goes hand in hand with being a graphics artist. That being said, I followed your link and I do remember seeing these cityscapes. I love a good cityscape in B&W, and the ones you posted are very good. So I appreciate wanting to keep with the more "fine art" side of photography, as well.

So much to do, so little time, right...? :wink:

Most reactions

Back