What's new

Access Denied

Interesting set of elements. I am pretty sure you went to some effort to create the visual confusion here -- I am pretty sure I am looking at a couple of trees that are well back from the foreground, and then some stuff in the foreground, but I can't be sure.

That's an interesting idea, I think, but it IS confusing, and you need to get better DoF to really make it work. The various degrees of softness in the frame make it visually puzzling.

Great concept to place the barbed wire and gnarled wood in the foreground with the house in the background, though. A strong idea with some strong elements, but the visual confusion weakens it rather than strengthens it, to my eye.

Good sky, too. A bit blown out here and there, and I sort of wish it wasn't quite. Not a big deal, though.
 
I agree with depth of field

you can close the aperture plus perhaps back up a bit and crop and get much better depth of field to make it appear "access denied"
 
Interesting set of elements. I am pretty sure you went to some effort to create the visual confusion here -- I am pretty sure I am looking at a couple of trees that are well back from the foreground, and then some stuff in the foreground, but I can't be sure.

That's an interesting idea, I think, but it IS confusing, and you need to get better DoF to really make it work. The various degrees of softness in the frame make it visually puzzling.

Great concept to place the barbed wire and gnarled wood in the foreground with the house in the background, though. A strong idea with some strong elements, but the visual confusion weakens it rather than strengthens it, to my eye.

Good sky, too. A bit blown out here and there, and I sort of wish it wasn't quite. Not a big deal, though.

I agree with depth of field

you can close the aperture plus perhaps back up a bit and crop and get much better depth of field to make it appear "access denied"

Thanks both, some things here for me to think about. This is very near to where I am, so going back and trying again with the feedback in mind is no problem. Just need the right sky and light....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom