Accessory bundle worth it?

If you don't have any of those items then probably so. The tele and wide angle lens attachments aren't worth much in my opinion, but some of the other items would be useful. The SD card and bag specifically. The tripod certainly isn't a name brand so it's probably relatively flimsy but perhaps usable. They would do to get you started anyway.

Yeah, I might skip the bundle as I don't really need all this stuff.

I don't have a fast SD card, so I'd need one. Any recommendations for a decent filter to protect the lens without significantly impacting image quality? Is the cleaning kit a necessity? Can I just use some microfiber cloths?

I can skip the bag for now and just repurpose a bag I already have, or get something nicer off Craigslist. And I've got a mediocre tripod I can use for now and maybe get something nicer in the future.

I would skip the kit you mentioned. Cameta is great by the way, I have purchased 2 refurbs from them! I'm not a fan of filters, personally I just keep caps on them when in storage. Your SD card might be fine as the d3100 will write to the buffer first. If not they are dirt cheap anyways. Did you see the other kits? There is one for $15 more with a memory card and filter and a few other things. A blower is pretty handy to have, but they are cheap as well...

Thanks, yeah, I'll just use the SD card from my point and shoot camera to start with. So I'll just get the camera without any of the accessories and buy decent quality stuff for the items I actually need.

Any recommendations for a decent filter to protect the lens without significantly impacting image quality?

The filter question ranks up there with Canon vs. Nikon, PC or MAC, Zooms vs. Primes. :mrgreen: With regards to the acessory kit, keep in mind you're getting crap quality.

The filter question ranks up there with Canon vs. Nikon, PC or MAC, Zooms vs. Primes. :mrgreen: With regards to the acessory kit, keep in mind you're getting crap quality.
LOL. Didn't realize the question was so loaded.

Yeah, the responses here convinced me to skip the accessory kit, and I just got the body and kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back