Accident turned into Inspiration

USMC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was sitting in a giant Bavarian tent in Germany a few months ago for the European Cup Soccer Finals. I was pretty drunk and decided to take a picture of my huge 1 Liter mug of beer that was just too tasty! While taking a picture of my mug I caught one of my friends in the background of the shot looking quite determined. Although the picture was a complete accident, it really makes me want to re-create this shot with maybe a full mug of beer and my girlfriend or I in the background.... what do you think? Is this type of a shot only cool to me because I love beer or is it a cool idea all around??

SoccerSemiFinal14_.jpg

it is nice indeed. i find the mug crooked, so maybe think about that next time.

I think it will actually look better almost empty (as is) rather than full. The glass of the mug acts as a kind of kaleidoscope to distort the image behind and I really like it. As already advised, the mug looks a little tilted, and if you do reshoot, try not to block the subjects face with the mug handle. Sweet shot though.

There is an opportunity to pose her arm up so it comes into the handle of the glass...

With the right background.. could work. I guess you'll be focusing on the beer :confused:

-Shea

There is an opportunity to pose her arm up so it comes into the handle of the glass...

With the right background.. could work. I guess you'll be focusing on the beer :confused:

-Shea
Great idea! I think the arm reaching up to the handle is a really cool idea. I agree with Robbie also, maybe it would look better with a half full glass.

Just an after thought, if you could get a good inch of foam on top of the beer, that would really make the photo. Mabye its just me nit-picking, but beer without foam is just not the same...

Just an after thought, if you could get a good inch of foam on top of the beer, that would really make the photo. Mabye its just me nit-picking, but beer without foam is just not the same...
That is both true and easy to do! I will just poor a fresh beer into the mug to ensure the proper amount of head. :D

I was thinking about turning the new picture into one of those de-motivational posters.... I think that would be pretty funny! Kinda like this one.

motivation.jpg

Only maybe with determination or something else as the defined word.... I think that might make a really unique and funny Christmas gift!

Oh, how I miss those liter mugs of beer in Augsburg, Germany!! And the women who could carry 4 full mugs in each hand!

Nice picture, too.

I don't really see the point of shooting a glass of beer.

D30_2491_edited-2.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao: (I shot this to intentionally blur the background.)

Go for it dude. I actually like the tilt of the mug. I like Shea's idea of having her reach for the handle... maybe even with a slow shutter in cause motion blur. Play with it. :thumbup:

I like how the beer is almost done and how she out of focus, made me immediately think of scoping women out through beer goggles lol.

Most reactions

Back