Action (ATV) Shots

gizzard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive always been taking pictures of everything, but Im really starting to get into it now. I have a Cannon Digital camera i got about 2 months ago, and Ive been usuing it like mad.
Heres some shots ive taken while me and my buddy have been four wheeling. Just wondering what other photographers think of them, and what I should/can be doing different.
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Heya gizzard, and welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

Now the first thing that I see in all three of your photos posted here is: the subject (your buddy on the ... what's the word?) is always SMACK in the centre of your frame.

While I do see how difficult "composition" may be in action photography, it'd still be more pleasing and also more effective if your subject were not always in the dead centre of your images. You can still achieve this by cropping a photo afterwards, mind, there is nothing wrong with that!

Yeah, I usually try and off centre things, but it is hard when youre trying to follow someone moving fast.
I dont have anything terribly fancy for a camera. Cannon Power Shot A640.
Just wondering what little tips I might get. Ive thought about getting photoshop, but I dont have the money for that right now.

Most reactions

Back