Actions aren't working the way I hoped. Help please!

myko5

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been toying around in photoshop learning how to record actions. I understand the basics of it. I started out with a basic action of placing a logo/watermark on the image. I followed the simple tutorial that I found here: How to Create a Photoshop Watermark Action - Part 2 of 3

I can get the action to run, and it does create the watermark on the image I choose. My problem arises when doing it to certain images. The action runs, but it does not place the watermark at the bottom of the images as I had hoped. Instead it places it somewhere in the bottom half of the image. Not a huge deal, but I would rather it run across the bottom in every image the action is run on. I do not know if this has to do with different image sizes that the action is running on or not. All images via the action are resized to the same width of 850px, but I realize the height can still vary which is where I think the problem exists.

Any input on my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

The watermark is indeed placed relative to the top of your image, so a higher image will result in the watermark being more to the center of the image and a shorter image will result in the watermark falling out of the image.

Try this trick, should solve your problem:
Quick Tip: Automated Watermarking With Photoshop

The watermark is indeed placed relative to the top of your image, so a higher image will result in the watermark being more to the center of the image and a shorter image will result in the watermark falling out of the image.

Try this trick, should solve your problem:
Quick Tip: Automated Watermarking With Photoshop

Thanks, that was what I needed. Just to add the Align action in there. Works perfectly now.

Most reactions

Back