Addicted Noob's Favorite Subject

anglingag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I recently celebrated the birth of our first born. I decided to begin documenting her as she grows. I just purchased my first dslr for Christmas.

I love the c&c on this site and was wondering if I could get some on these.

3202398328_49cebdd793_b.jpg

3202397374_846735b48d_b.jpg

My accessories are still limited, but I know they will continue to grow. Most of these were shot with the pop up flash (which I have a diffuser coming for).

Last edited:
Congrats on the birth of your kid!

The built-in flash on your camera is your nemesis and it must be destroyed.

Seriously, try to do whatever you can to avoid using that thing, ESPECIALLY on people's faces. It does bad bad bad bad BAD things. Harsh glare, harsh shadows, brings out defects in skin, etc.

The diffuser will obviously help, but as soon as you can afford one you should REALLY invest in a flash that you can redirect off ceilings/walls/etc. Your baby pictures will be so much better for it, and if you don't ... years from now you'll kick yourself. :) Trust me. :)

Also when taking pictures of people don't get too close to them with the lens. It distorts their faces in uncomplimentary ways.

Enjoy. Kids are a great way to excercise that shutter. :)

yea you should look into an external flash. I ripped my built in flash off so I never use it again.....lol just kidding.

Most reactions

Back