Adi

kfirg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi !

how are you guys ?

here is some new pics from my last photograph..

$DSC_2667.jpg$DSC_2668.jpg

Hey!

I'm doing pretty good. I have the hiccups so thats kind of annoying. How are you?

I love the lighting and the depth of the lighting. But I am annoyed at the background. Then again, it may just be my hiccups.

im fine thanks !

just drink some water for your hiccup.

by the way dont you like the model ? - shame on you ! :p

I like the model! And it's a great photo!!!

The background does draw some attention, due to the way the light shined on the background is angled pretty steeply, so the light is creating visible texture on the seamless...it's a background that has its own shadows...which makes the background's actual texture show up...this is a pretty common issue. If the background were MORE outside the depth of field zone, the shadows would not be so clearly recognizable.

thanks derrel..

i shoot at F8.. next time i will try to shoot at F5.6 for DOF

thanks derrel..

i shoot at F8.. next time i will try to shoot at F5.6 for DOF

Or, move the subject farther away from the background, which will still allow you to have the depth of field that allows you to get the hand in focus, as well as all the way to the ears on her, and then the background will be "farther away"; the way this was set up, the background is so physically close to the woman that it is a part of the shot, a part of the scene. The background is well within the depth of field band's field of "acceptably sharp" stuff, so...the background paper has a very strong presence.

The real issue is that the background light is "raking across" the surface of the background paper, which creates side-lighting, which is the easiest way to show texture. If the background were totally free of texture and shadowing, it would help it "sublimate". Try to get her at least 10 feet from the background, if possible.

Honestly I like the background. Maybe a little tighter crop or different ratio would cut a little more of the dark area out but otherwise I like that part of it. What I have a problem with is the limp right hand. The angle of the arm isn't very flattering and you are shooting into the back of the hand. Next time, you can try bringing the hand up to the elbow of the left arm and try to shoot into the side of the hand. It will look more elegant. IMO, the light from the camera right is too strong. You created highlights on her hand and forearm. I do really like the photos and it's a great pose for her. The colors are great too.

One more thing, you might want to soften her eye lids a bit on the first one (not a lot, just a touch). There's a lot of texture there and the makeup is really noticeable. Maybe you can soften her left elbow a touch too. :)

Last edited:
Derrel , by the way as you can see she isnt too much closer to the background.. i think the problem here is that i shoot at F8..

$1.jpg
ruggedshutter i really like the backgound too.. mabye i will crop some black areas from the left..

i will try to soft her elbow too..

I really like the lighting, nice work.

thank you CD51 !

i try to retouch the model.. what do you think about the new edit - is it better than the orignial ?

what do you think about the crop ? (perosnally i dont like to crop my images..)

$שדג.jpg

$ריטוש.jpg

ok thanks..

i like the new version too but dont like the crop :)

Most reactions

Back