Advanced photo tips?

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys!

I have been photographing for a while now and I watched loads of videos about photography, especially landscape photography, as I am most interested in that area. Now I would really appreciate if any of you knows any advanced tutorials on landscape photography. Because everybody repeats the rule of thirds, large depth of field and how essential it is, to have a tripod, which is ok, but now that I already know those things I would like to get some other tips. Lets say a photographer in a certain specific situation giving tips on how to get the best shot of the certain subject. (something like this: Get started in landscapes: Composition | Photo Answers - I really like this video, because photographer shows how he has done the shot in a specific situation)

Thanks!

read up on Grad filters, polarisers and HDR, aside from that, all you really need to do is go out there and fine tune...

Do you know of the cable release / remote trigger, and Mirror lockup?

Have you learned about blending multiple exposures? Making seperate exposures for land and sky can really liven up a photo... Not sure if its really an "advanced" technique per se... but if you havent learned it yet it can certainly be useful for landscapes. Requires some image editing software and more than likely a tripod.

I'm not sure how advanced this tip is but...

99.9% of photos are taken from eye-level, try to put yourself in that 0.1 percent that aren't as often as you can.

Most reactions

Back