Advice about lens

Ankit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some advice about a sigma 28-300. Is it good or not?

It depends on what you expect of it. If you are wanting a walk about lens that does everything, but isn't tack sharp or anything it's fine. If you want tack sharp images? No all in one is any good. There is such a large range for the elements to work together across that there is quite a compromise.

It is good at having a 10x zoom... it's not good at being sharp, or low distortion, or having good bokeh...

What camera is it for

My son has the Nikon 28-300 vr which is an excellent lens, I havve the Canon version of the Sigma 120-400 again excellent, We uses Canon, Nikon and Sigma and have never had a complaint.

Check out

FM Reviews - Sigma 28-300 f3.5-6.3 Macro

I need some advice about a sigma 28-300. Is it good or not?

No. I would recommend their 17-50mm f2.8 or the 70-200mm f2.8. You will get better quality with something that less of a focal range. Lens like these tend to be cheesy and not produce great effects or quality. Sigma makes nice prime lenses. The 30mm, 50mm and 85mm they make are really nice but these are all really expensive lenses.

Tamron is an affordable choice. Good quality for a lot less. They make a good 28-75 f2.8 for about $400. Good buy and very useful focal length. I know many people that use them as walk around lenses while they travel.

To JSER : Nikon D80
As I have recently started out and did not want to spend too much, it seemed like a good choice(all in one).

So instead of an all in one it is better to buy 2 lenses: a 17-55 and a 70-300?

Maybe. Which 17-55? And which 70-300?
What's your use-what do you want to use it for? everything or anything special?
And what's your budget?

Nikkor or Sigma, I want to se it for everything, $400.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back