Advice on lens with Canon T5i and extended warranty good??

fredbergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
i'm a newbie that will buy it's first semi-pro camera. My search ended up with Canon T5i.
I want to have a lens for zooming, another do it all one (as the 18-55mm), macro one and another for taking picture in low light.
I'm in Canada and the best deal i found was at futureshop.
Price is in canadian fund but now they are basically the same value!
with 18-55mm lens : 730$ (regular price 799$)
with 18-135mm lens : 899$ (regular price 999$)
And this awesome kit including 40mm+18-55mm+75-300mm : 899$ (regular price 1279$)
Is the last kit is the best deal?
Do i have to worry about the gap (from 55-75mm) with this kit or never mind?
For all these kit is the same cost for an extended warranty. For 4 years it's 209$. It cover all the lenses and T5i body.(don't apply if it's dropped on the floor, in water...) Only for electronic failure.. It include 4 body cleaning by a professional shop (once a year). The warranty is transferable so if i sell the body in 2 years the body will still be covered by a warranty..
So do you think it's a good deal??
Is a Canon T5i and the canon lens can have electronic failure?
Your advice on this?
Thanks a lot for your response!!!
Fred

Hi,
i'm a newbie that will buy it's first semi-pro camera. My search ended up with Canon T5i.
I want to have a lens for zooming, another do it all one (as the 18-55mm), macro one and another for taking picture in low light.
I'm in Canada and the best deal i found was at futureshop.
Price is in canadian fund but now they are basically the same value!
with 18-55mm lens : 730$ (regular price 799$)
with 18-135mm lens : 899$ (regular price 999$)
And this awesome kit including 40mm+18-55mm+75-300mm : 899$ (regular price 1279$)
Is the last kit is the best deal?
Do i have to worry about the gap (from 55-75mm) with this kit or never mind?
For all these kit is the same cost for an extended warranty. For 4 years it's 209$. It cover all the lenses and T5i body.(don't apply if it's dropped on the floor, in water...) Only for electronic failure.. It include 4 body cleaning by a professional shop (once a year). The warranty is transferable so if i sell the body in 2 years the body will still be covered by a warranty..
So do you think it's a good deal??
Is a Canon T5i and the canon lens can have electronic failure?
Your advice on this?
Thanks a lot for your response!!!
Fred

It depends on what you shoot
The third deal is good if you shoot sports and wildlife you will need the 300mm zoom (40 mm f2.8 is also a fantastic lens).
If it’s just for walk around then I would prefer the second option EF-S 18-135mm f4-5.6 IS.
Almost you can avoid the first option, it’s much covered in the above two options.

As i i'm a newbie i want a kit that will fit most of the photo that i will take. I know that i will have to buy other lens or change one these when i will begin to be good at!! The third kit will be a good option?? here is the link :Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18MP Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm / 75-300mm / 40mm Lenses : DSLR Bundles - Future Shop

Do you think extended warranty could be a good option?

If we check about body lens cleaning do you do it once a year? Or at a actuation count?? (How much does it cost?)

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back