Advice on Male Models

Hrern1313

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive got a studio shoot lined up in October for 2 male models. Im farly new to studio shoots so Ive been researching and most of what turns up is body shots and muscle work.

The subjects I'll be shooting wont want to be doing poses like that the whole time, so is there anywhere anyone cam point me (ive already read up on posing women but its harder to pose men without making them look effeminate) that will help me or give me any advice on poses?

thanks alot

Well first get them comfortable and before the shoot write down what emotions u want them to show, then of course look at their posture and instruct them verbally, don't touch your models.

If you're doing muscle poses with the shirts off, be aware that tight clothing will leave lines in the skin. Keep that in mind and give them ~10 minutes for the skin to come back to normal, otherwise you'll hate yourself afterwards in PP.

Thanks everyone, all these little pointers that people have learnt through experience and mistakes REALLY help me, since I dont have to make them haha

Most reactions

Back