Advice on Ultra-Wide angle lens needed

Canon Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I can't decide which one to buy. Now it's down to 2 lens. After trying the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, I'm convinced that I need a better quality and faster lens (all my lens are f/2.8 and faster). I also realized how great and indisposable the UWA lens are for me to justify another $600 investment.

I know both of these are great lens but I can decide which one to get? I feel like I'm going with Tokina fast and constant f/2.8 and slightly lower price but then Canon would perfectly fit in my kit with its focal range aside from being slighly slower (I do prefere available light photography). Please help me chose. Thanks.

I never like non constant max aperture. If you shoot wide open kinda sucks when your exposure changes when you zoom in and out especially when shooting manual.

I never like non constant max aperture. If you shoot wide open kinda sucks when your exposure changes when you zoom in and out especially when shooting manual.

That's pretty much my thoughts. In addition to being non-L lens and zoom, non-constant aperture really sucks on any lens. But there are not many good choices for me in UWA universe, just Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 and Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. I cant afford the 14mm f/2.8 L MKII yet. :(

I have the Tokina 11-16 for a long while now. I would not trade it for anything else (nikon mount). Very happy with its capability, build, and results. You would have a gap from 16-24 though. With my lenses the gap is only 16-20. But if you think about it. If your going wide enough to need say 18mm, you can just go with 16 and crop. Most sensors now a days gives you enough leeway for cropping in.

I have the Tokina 11-16 for a long while now. I would not trade it for anything else (nikon mount). Very happy with its capability, build, and results. You would have a gap from 16-24 though. With my lenses the gap is only 16-20. But if you think about it. If your going wide enough to need say 18mm, you can just go with 16 and crop. Most sensors now a days gives you enough leeway for cropping in.

:thumbup: I have the Tokina 11-16 for a long while now. I would not trade it for anything else (canon mount)

I went with Tokina for now. Hopefully I will like it. Constant aperture is the best. :)

Most reactions

Back