Advice & suggestions on buying a slr

popmud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!
I am new here,I need suggestions on buying a slr to be used for amateur wildlife and travel photography.I am confused watching many reviews.My budget is something around 60-70,000.Please Help

Regards
DM

If your budget is in Rupee, I think you can take a look at those entry level DSLR available in the market now. Either from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax or Olympus. The popular brands are usually Canon and Nikon. However, DSLR from Sony and Pentax are not bad either. Not sure about how the used market in your area, that could be an option as well.

Go to dpreview.com and take a look at what is available, if there is a local store nearby, check out the cameras there as well. To get started, I will pick a camera with the standard zoom lens and then add a telephoto zoom. Or just pick a camera body and add a super zoom lens to get started. You can add any other specialize lenses later on once you know more. Also, a external hotshoe flash comes in handy sometimes.

Better tell us in USD your budget because 60-70000 doesnt mean much to most of us.

Hi, goodguy,
Thanks for your response. I mean to say INR 60-70,000 in USD it would be around 1000 to 1100 approx.I am using a P500 Nikon. and I m not satisfied with that.I am from India and only two brands are available here!I also considered Pentax but it is hard to find here since they have no brand outlet or service center here.So I have to choose from Canon or Nikon!

DM,

I also had trouble finding the right camera for my needs (and budget) but I found an online site that gave me the best deal at the Photo Store. they have a large selection of cameras and accessories to choose from and will ship it to you. Hope you find the camera that you are looking for.

Out here in Kolkata it's still better to buy from a local shop than from a online shop.I am not confused about the shop but about the product!

Hi, goodguy,
Thanks for your response. I mean to say INR 60-70,000 in USD it would be around 1000 to 1100 approx.I am using a P500 Nikon. and I m not satisfied with that.I am from India and only two brands are available here!I also considered Pentax but it is hard to find here since they have no brand outlet or service center here.So I have to choose from Canon or Nikon!
Easy now that I know your price limit.
Get the Nikon D5200 with the 18-105mm VR kit lens.
Awesome camera well in your price range, you will have some spare cash maybe to get a 50mm 1.8G prime lens.

The D5200 is an excellent camera for relatively little money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back