Aerial views of London (Big 56k no-no!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When we flew to the States 4 weeks ago, we had to stop over in London/Heathrow, and before we could land, we had to fly in several loops over London. I knew I was not supposed to take any photos, but I could not help it: I had to get out the little Powershot and take several semi-"blind" pictures (blind in so far as I had to hold the camera at an angle that made it impossible for me to see WHAT I was photographing). Imagine my delight when later I found out WHAT I had captured!

You will see of each pic a) the full frame and b) a very tight crop ... and I must say: for the Powershot being so small, and for these all being through the airplane window, I quite like them:

1a
AerialViewsofLondon_01-vi.jpg

1b
AerialViewsofLondon_01A-vi.jpg

2a
AerialViewsofLondon_02-vi.jpg

2b
AerialViewsofLondon_02A-vi.jpg

3a
AerialViewsofLondon_03-vi.jpg

3b
AerialViewsofLondon_03A-vi.jpg

4a
AerialViewsofLondon_07-vi.jpg

4b
AerialViewsofLondon_07A-vi.jpg

5a
AerialViewsofLondon_04-vi.jpg

5b
AerialViewsofLondon_04A-vi.jpg

6a
AerialViewsofLondon_06-vi.jpg

6b
AerialViewsofLondon_06A-vi.jpg

Maybe some of our London-connoisseurs can identify some of the things I managed to capture for us? So more people feel a desire to come flying into THIS place for our next big meet-up in September?

OMG! Corinna!

3b! we were there a few weeks later on the London meetup! We walked almost all the way down alongside the lake (where Rob discovered his "dead man" ) and round the right hand curved fance before heading off to westminster!

Wow, how cool is that to see Tower Bridge, the Millenium Wheel, Parliament (and Buckingham Palace?) etc from that perspective!

glad you sneaked in a few shots corinna, theres some great views here :thumbup:

PlasticSpanner said:
OMG! Corinna!

3b! we were there a few weeks later on the London meetup! We walked almost all the way down alongside the lake (where Rob discovered his "dead man" ) and round the right hand curved fance before heading off to westminster!

Heh, I was going to say that - thats where the guy with the tripod was :mrgreen:

You should have got the zoom lens out Corinna!

tempra said:
Heh, I was going to say that - thats where the guy with the tripod was :mrgreen:

You should have got the zoom lens out Corinna!

And her tripod ... ;)

I can see it now ... Corinna walks up to the cockpit and taps on the door ...

"Excuse me captiain .. I got a ok one of Buckingham Palace but can you circle round again I want another ... you know the ISO wasn't set right"

Captain: "Madam can you sit down"

Corinna: " Well come on .. the TPF lads will be there in a couple of weeks and they need a areiel map of London - Can't you go round again"

Captain: "No"

Corinna: "Oh go on ... be nice, I'll take your photo once we land and I won't stick horns on it using PS - Promise"

Captain: "Oh ok then .. but you must get my good side"

Corinna returns to her seat and Captain Duff gets out his make up bag aqnd bikini.

By The Way ... Lovely series .. I hope I can sneek some when I fly in July. :)

Well, ok, it wasn't QUITE like that, Neil, that pilot flew the round three times even without my intervention ;).

But could someone tell me what that round building is that is to be seen in Photo 5b to the left? And the tall white tower with green top in the same photo? And the building on the bottom righthand corner, also of Photo 5b, with the two towers framing the main entrance?

I think the round one is the Royal Albert Hall - I could be wrong though, and the buliding at the bottom is either the natural history museum ot the Victoria & Albert museum

Actually, I think it is the V&A, and that's the serpentine in the background - not sure what the others are though

Ah, thanks, Tony.
Royal Albert Hall.
Famous venue of The Last Night of the Proms (and other famous things)?
I don't think I have ever seen that "live" ... I mean this hall ... from the pedestrian perspective... ;)

Most reactions

Back