I have the 200-500 lens. I would love to get to 1000mm to get closer to the moon. Will the AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III work well with this lens?
BTW I have a D810.
Yeah, 1.4TC and a 1.5x crop camera. LOL
that's basically what I've done now for astrophotography. Went back to a crop camera for more reach. FYI, I have video/pics using a2xTC which effectively giving me 9,000mm.

9,000 for me. not him.Yeah, 1.4TC and a 1.5x crop camera. LOL
that's basically what I've done now for astrophotography. Went back to a crop camera for more reach. FYI, I have video/pics using a2xTC which effectively giving me 9,000mm.
9,000mm?
500mm, with a 2x TC, on a Nikon DX......... works out to 1,500mm equiv. So what stretch of math are you using to increase that another 6x?
20170508_MoonTest_3000mm (2 of 3) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
20170508_MoonTest (4 of 4) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
20170508_Moon2_9000mm (5 of 9) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
DSC_4276 by Steve Sklar, on Flickr.........
You should see the moon using magnification eyepieces................
Celestron SC ?.........
You should see the moon using magnification eyepieces................
I do. I have a 2800mm 12".
9,000 for me. not him.Yeah, 1.4TC and a 1.5x crop camera. LOL
that's basically what I've done now for astrophotography. Went back to a crop camera for more reach. FYI, I have video/pics using a2xTC which effectively giving me 9,000mm.
9,000mm?
500mm, with a 2x TC, on a Nikon DX......... works out to 1,500mm equiv. So what stretch of math are you using to increase that another 6x?
I'm not using the 200-500.
but of course I've used the 2x TC on my Tamron 150-600, Nikon 300/4 and various other lenses just to see how the image was.
I'm using a 3,054mm 12inch telescope.
You should see the moon using magnification eyepieces.
3,000 - just the telescope and a Nikon D750 - uncropped
20170508_MoonTest_3000mm (2 of 3) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
I think this is 4500 - telescope and Nikon D500
20170508_MoonTest (4 of 4) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
9,000 - telescope, 2xTC and Nikon D500
20170508_Moon2_9000mm (5 of 9) by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
and a quick video test
DSC_4276 by Steve Sklar, on Flickr
I would love to reproduce those images with my DSLR and the 200-500mm lens. Sounds like the 2.0 teleconvertor is a no-go, the 1.4 would be better with crop?