What's new

AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm 1:3.5-5.6 G lens FS

dukeboy1977

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Location
erie, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I just bought this lens last Monday but I finally received it today after a battle with the seller AND USPS. After the hassle to receive it, it honestly has left a bad taste in my mouth about it, and is no longer a welcome addition to my arsenal. I would like to sell it and get something else, but not only because it was a real problem to get ahold of...but also because I obviously need a shorter focal length. My hand-held pics were so bad that if I didn't use my tripod, EVERYTHING was fuzzy! lol I guess it's a little too much lens for me because I was 'focusing' the aperture ring usually, lol, and it's a little heavy for me to hand-hold still. Now I'm sure you may have heard or read some bad reviews on this lens but they are NOT dead-on true. It's really not a lens you wanna hand hold at 120mm due to it's weight, but when you can hold it still like you're supposed to anyways, it really takes good photos. Alot of the reviews say it's not a PRO lens. Uh...OK, we aren't all pro's anyways. I would recommend this lens to someone looking for basically an all-in-one lens who CAN hold it still. I'm obviously not that steady anymore since my vehicle accident in 05'. Anyways, I'm posting a photo now off the internet until I get ones of my own very soon, BUT this lens has no imperfections caused by use. There are no marks on the barrel, or the lens (front or back) and it works beautifully. Retail on this lens is around $600 but I'm willing to sell it for 1/2 of that, or $300 shipped in the US. Any questions, ask them here and I will respond asap. I have VERY good feedback as a buyer / seller on 2 other sites, so purchase this with confidence. I recently sold my 50mm 1.8 AF lens here though he hasn't received it yet, I mailed it out today and posted the delivery confirmation number in that thread. Again, ask me any questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Thanks, Jeff

p.s. Paypal IS an option if it makes you feel safer. I'll PM you my Paypal address if seriously interested.

nikonlensexample.jpg
 
Too tired to think... What brand is the lens for?
 
I assumed it was obvious, sorry. It's for NIKON SLR cameras and will auto-focus on even a D40! This has the built in motor
 
Did I mention I have the original box and hood it came with? They are in my pic below. If there is a seller here who can verify their selling / trading, I'd be willing to trade this lens for something of bigger interest to me. A smaller focal distance and/or aperture would be ideal, but may consider trading down plus cash on your side if needed. Ask me your questions and thanks for looking, Jeff
DSC_0142.jpg
 
I was just reading reviews on a few Nikon lenses, and 1 for this lens said that with the VR on, his hand-held shots all through the aperture turned out great. I saw the majority of the complaining about this lens was the fact it was so damn expensive (retail is over $600)...BUT you could have MY 24-120mm lens, which even focuses on a Nikon D40, for just over $300! How can you go wrong? NO high price here folks, I'm only looking to recoup the money I spent on it for another lens I got my eyes on!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom