Africa with me

kotte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
EDIT: Photos from current trip in Africa. I landed in Kenya in July and travelled through Uganda, Congo and Rwanda to Tanzania where I am at the moment. I'll make my way from here to South Africa through Malawi, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.

These photos are straight from the camera.

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

leopard.jpg

Awkward crop, I know.

I think the first one is tilted

Several of your pics where the horizon is water are tilted a little ... tilts are ok if they look planned and as part of the composition, but when there is water involved and the tilt is only subtle it looks ... like the frame must leak ;).
Nice views of Africa, the third and fourth were taken through a bus window? In going past?

I like how the setting sun reflects in the glasses in 2.
Often your subject is smack in the centre of your pics ... it does not always help, see? Like that tree in the pic with the hammock (third from last, I think ... numbering your pics would help commenting on them...): it divides the scene clearly into two halves... not so good, I think.

Or you (?)/someone playing with the dogs ... so centred. Looks a bit like a snapshot then, see?
But the sleeping dog on the beach is really good.
And play with DOF on the dice is nice, too!

Whoa, and the feeding scene ... gross!
But super interesting!

Hey,

and thanks for your comments.
I see, understand and agree with your criticism. The first ones are tilted, I actually didn't notice before.
The two people shots are through a window from still train.
The hammock pic is divided by the palm tree but I really like the colors in it.

I've still got half my trip left going from Tanzania tomorrow down to South Africa, and home this christmas. Maybe I shouldn't post pictures I haven't really worked on yet...but I just felt like sharing some.

Thanks again!

It's ok. Please continue sharing.
Maybe if you say you don't have the equipment to work on them right now since you are still travelling but want to share pics that come right off the camera .... (?)
But make sure you continue to share. These are too good to be missed.

Ohhhh, please continue sharing your pictures! It's great to see little 'captures' of life on another continent. Where were these ones taken? Were some in Zanzibar? And where did you see the leopard with its kill? They are very rare to come across, as I understand it.

Most reactions

Back