whistule

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Balloon%20boy.jpg

Eating%20Chair.jpg

Spaced%20out%20Kid.jpg

suggestions. I could certainly use some help with over exposure and grainyness in places. Also anyone got a easy way of adding dark borders - not really after anything thats clean or tidy - more like that rough edge you get on teh edge where your camera film runs out

It was great you had the opportunity to photograph the kids, but I would have liked to see more full lenght portraits as well as close ups. Also, the position the shots where in, I would have walked around to make sure I had suitable blackgrounds, the harsh sun doesnt work in BW unless you tone it right. The colour shots would be far more effective I think....

I'll respectfully disagree with the comments about the harsh lighting. I think that given the nature of the subject matter,the harshness of the lighting actually enhances the mood; that is, it's harsh, unforgiving enviroment in which these children live, and that is underlined by the lighting. Just my $00.02 worth - your opinion may vary.

yeh, i think I have been a bit cavalier at most stages of the process - although that's perhaps what led to the situation of getting the shots in the first place. The photos were scanned in from prints and I turned the contrast up to give them more depth but the over exposed areas grew in the process. I could have done it selectively in photoshop and obviously would have been better to have scanned in from negs. I personaly dont think colour would've been right for these shots and I wouldn't want to loose the 'grittiness' of the images. If I had the background right in the first it would have made a huge difference although I'm not sure if this would've been possible - it's just as the situation unfolded - but I certainly try pay more attention to this in the future.

Many thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back