After a long asbsence, I'm back w/ photos for C&C

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these on campus - not at the best time of day, but I tried to find spots where the lighting wasn't too harsh.
It's been so long since I've had a photo session that most of the pics were OOF or too soft and had to be deleted. I'm rusty at editing, too (plus it's GIMP!). But at least I finally bought a DSLR, so I have no P&S excuses anymore....... (Cannon 450D)

I'd like your true opinions about these.

img_1998-2.jpg

img_1995-2.jpg

img_1987-2.jpg

img_1895-2.jpg

But at least I finally bought a DSLR, so I have no P&S excuses anymore....... (Cannon 450D)
It's unfortunate you bought such an off brand. Most people would have bought a Canon, instead of a Cannon.

The light still has to much dynamic range because of the poor time of day. In #1 the background is so bright it draws a lot of attention away from your intended subject.

The single most common mistake amateurs make is not using light properly. #1 in fact needed flash to light the subject.

No 1 and No 3 seem out of focus....or blurred...

No 2 I like the bright colors...but it's a rather uninteresting subject...same with no. 4

I'd say the harsh light is a problem. Try shooting again when there is no direct sunlight or you could try putting a white sheet of paper between the Sun and the subjet.

Thanks for the advice, guys.
KMH, I'm glad I amuse you......... :greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back