Afterburners

awsome shots :thumbup::mrgreen:

Where do you find the opporitunity to photography all these militart aircraft?

Cooooooooool shot!!

I spent a bit of time chatting to Lt Sarah Rhoads "Diamond" at Farnborough back in the summer, and she told me its one hell of a buzz being catapulted from carriers. Can't remember if its on take off or landing but she's not allowed to touch the controls, she has to hold onto a couple of handles in the cockpit to stop the g-force from braking her arms!
The only thing she said that was a bit scary was landing onto a carrier at night.

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Lt Sarah Rhoads "Diamond" with her FA-18F Super Hornet
She has been flying for 6 and a half years, of which 5 have been with the plane behind her !! So in other words 1 and a half years playing with a prop plane then she gets a $60,000,000 plane to play with.

yivh3h.jpg

excellent pics! id love to be able to shoot planes like some of the others on your page, but not without a parachute! im not afraid to fly, but looking out of a huge "hole" in an airplane would make me too nervous to stand still, much less get a decent shot. :lol:

lostprophet - nich shot.

Being in the Air Force has its perks over the Navy that is for sure. Although, hats off to landing on a Carrier at night. That would be tough.

Jeremy

Most reactions

Back