Aggravated with my SB-600.

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a SB-600 I use as main flash along with two 285 Vivitars. 99% of the time I use the 600 in manual mode over TTl.

To hold the CTO gel in place with the SB-600 I use the wide angle flash "pull out gizmo". I never have been able to figure out how to get the flash OUT of 14mm zoom mode. I've googled and looked through the manual many times. Today while looking at the manual for something else I find it states "When using the wide-flash adapter, the zoom-head position is automatically set to 14mmand the power zoom function is deactivated".

As a nooB I'm wondering if I wrong to be aggravated with this "fixed" setting?
badteeth.gif

You're stuck with it. Just because you WANT it to work a certain way doesn't mean it WILL.

You're stuck with it. Just because you WANT it to work a certain way doesn't mean it WILL.

'Aight thanks.

Guess I'll have to live with it or maybe tape the gel on. Still not liking it a lot but you put me on it. I'll get a roll of clear tape and work on my acceptance skills too
iconhammer.gif

How about a very thin rubber band?

Thanks again I'll try it, hadn't thought of that. The tape is what I was dreading.

Be sure and read the rest of the user's manual, so you don't get suprised again.

If you don't already have some gaffer's tape I recommend you get some.

Gaffer's tape doesn't leave a residue when removed. I just use a small piece of white or black gaffers tape.
Polyken 510 Premium Grade Gaffers Tape: 1 in. x 60 yds. (Black)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure and read the rest of the user's manual, so you don't get suprised again.

If you don't already have some gaffer's tape I recommend you get some.

Gaffer's tape doesn't leave a residue when removed. I just use a small piece of white or black gaffers tape.
Polyken 510 Premium Grade Gaffers Tape: 1 in. x 60 yds. (Black)

Thanks, I've read the manual but its obvious i don't understand it yet and will read more. I was hoping to avoid carrying around a role of tape. Sounds weird but on a motorcycle with a body, 3 lenses, tripod, light stand, 2 umbrellas, 3 flashes every sq in. less of room consumed is a blessing. In my Tundra its not an issue but i'd rather push a motorcycle than drive if i can egt away with it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
double post edited off

Most reactions

New Topics

Back