What's new

Aging gracefully

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p489128496-4.jpg
 
I want to see more to the right!! It looks like there is some fun paint peeling over there!
 
Agree with mishele -- I also like the processing!
 
I think for the amount of image showing it should all be in focus. Having almost half of it out of focus doesnt do anything for the composition.
 
I want to see more to the right!! It looks like there is some fun paint peeling over there!
Unfortunately, the side of the door was painted white (see SOOC image below), i.e. uninteresting. It also made the composition a bit of a challenge, because the door was in the shadows (this is a 10-second exposure) but the side was indirectly hit by light.

$_7000080.webp


I think for the amount of image showing it should all be in focus. Having almost half of it out of focus doesnt do anything for the composition.
I chose a "wide" aperture (f/8) because I thought that the rest of the door was in good shape and took away from the real subject. In retrospect, a portrait orientation would've solved this and other problems, in particular the fact that this feels like it needs some air both above and below the handle.

Thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom