Ahh..., Screw it!

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_6882-resized.jpg

:afro: (he got sunglasses ;))

highkey - and very bright. I like the idea, but your lighting - did you realy intend it to be so powerful? Its a little distaracting having so much overexposure on the screwdrivers. Also *though this might just be my eyes* but the background appears to have a bluish tint to it.

Just to powerful - tone down the lighting and lose the reflections on the screwdrivers.

did you realy intend it to be so powerful?

No - I intended for the background to be that white, I just underestimated how bright the chrome on the screwdrivers would be.

I'm not seeing the bluish tint - but after looking at it too long it's hard to tell, lol.

Thanks.

yah!
out of iterest was this a flash or did you use a lighttent/box. I would think that if you set one of those up and used a longer exposure with lower ambient lighting (no flash) you might get the lighting your after.

I agree with Overread. It is a bit overexposed. The colors seem a bit too cold, but then again, we are talking about a metal subject, so cold tones might be alright.
I'd pull back on the exposure, and play around with the angle of the light source. There is a lot of detail in the metal, but we are losing it because of the direct reflections and over exposure.

Window light diffused through tissue paper, on a white posterboard background.
Basically a light tent with no walls.

The background came out exactly how I wanted - the screwdrivers are just too close to the background (tonally, and maybe physically too) to get the effect I wanted.
I think I need to move them away from the background and put some light on it. (Which means that I have to figure out a way to hold them...)

if you have a peice of glass or plexiglass or clear plastic, sit the screw on that ontop of 2 chairs (to hold the glass up but only on the edges so they are out of the frame) but the background below the glass then shoot, only an idea

That's a pretty good idea - I think it'll work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back