What's new

Air Show in Salinas, California

denum131 156

TPF Supporters
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
1,156
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went to this airshow to make the best out of a bad situation. We have been experiencing a government shutdown here so the main attraction, The Blue Angels, did not fly! So, I did what I could with the prop aircraft that did fly. I tried slowing the shutter speed down to blur the propellers but my abililty to pan with the aircraft just didn't cut it. So I settled for less blurry propellers and much more detailed images.

1.) Folds of Honor Bi-Plane

Folds of Honor with background 6363.webp



2.) Silver Navy Fighter

Fighter plane 3 3992.webp



3.) Tower Fly-By

Folds of Honor tower fly by 6310.webp



4.) Patriotic Parachutist

Old Glory parachutist 2 reduced  5122.webp



5.) Yellow Flyer

Yellow plane 1  cropped1958.webp



6.) Jet Truck - Don't tailgate this guy!

Jet truck 2583 reduced.webp



7.) Massive Horsepower on display

Jet truck 2 reduced 2486.webp



8.) Betsy's Bisquit Bomber

Betsy's bisquit bomber 9498.webp



9.) Airplane Towing Vehicle - Custom made by the guy driving it

Airplane Tow Vehicle 9679.webp
 
A terrific set! I love a good air show. These are all very good - #5 is the standout for me. I love seeing the pilot in there. Awesome!
 
  • Like
Reactions: pez
Shame the Blue Angles didn't fly, I imagine the pilots were probably nearly as disappointed as the spectators. I was in the Marines (84-88) and worked on F-4's ... they used them once a long time ago for the Blue Angles - but that time has long since passed.
 
Shame the Blue Angles didn't fly, I imagine the pilots were probably nearly as disappointed as the spectators. I was in the Marines (84-88) and worked on F-4's ... they used them once a long time ago for the Blue Angles - but that time has long since passed.
Firstly, a very big thank you for your service! Yeah, it would have been nice to see the jets fly, so maybe next year. Must have been exciting to work on the jets.
 
I was in the grand stands, second row from top. That shot was taken when the plane was at very low altitude, hence the hills in the background.
I was wondering the same thing! Great shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom