Air show

I agree with the above comments about underexposure -- you might need to crank up your ISO in order to maintain adequate shutter speed, however.

I'm jealous. I have to work this weekend, so won't be able to get down to Tucson for the show. Have fun!

I have been having trouble with MS explorer logging into this site. I just logged in using Safari and those pictures are DARK!!!!!! They didn't look that dark (at all) just looking at them on Photobucket or picture viewer. I have never had this issue before.

I did work with a few in PS. I increased the exposure 1 to 1.5 stops. Here is what it looks like (or maybe not)
IMG_3832e28x10.jpg

IMG_3298-e28x10.jpg

IMG_3258e28x10.jpg

IMG_3232-e28x10.jpg

IMG_3127-e28x10.jpg

IMG_3134e28x10.jpg

Last edited:
Much better, but they are noisy. What ISO did you shoot at? You might consider trying a noise reduction program such as Noiseware Pro or Noise Ninja.

I really like #2.

Much better, but they are noisy. What ISO did you shoot at? You might consider trying a noise reduction program such as Noiseware Pro or Noise Ninja.

I really like #2.

I was using ISO 100. The shutter speed was like 1/4000. I don't know what is going on. When I look at the pictures I just uploaded they look horrible. They don't even look close to that on my computer or any of the other computers I have looked at them on.

on most piston-engined aircraft, maximum prop RPM is around 3000RPM. thats 50 per second, divided by 360 degrees...at 1/50 second, each blade (3 blade prop) describes 7.2 degrees of arc. so they would freeze at around a seventh ("7x50") of that interval...1/350 sec. that's at max RPM. most historic aircraft (eg fighters) fly display profiles around 2400-2700RPM max to save on engine wear.

you're probably going to be limited to 1/320 sec max.

Last edited:
3 and 4 are great catches!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back