Aircraft and Aviation Theme

Oh you're killing me! I have a new Canon 100 to 400 L zoom and I was going to take it to Sun n Fun at which there would have been numerous mustangs to shoot!

Our local Air Ambulance..

DSC02068copy.jpg

Scanning some old slides and found this one of my commuter plane throughout the mid-1970s in the Aleutians. This Grumman Goose was operated by Reeve Aleutian Airways, then by PenAir under contract to RAA. The image is from King Cove, Alaska. We'd catch the Goose at Cold Bay and shuttle to King Cove, around 2o minutes away.

PICT0557a.jpg

This aircraft crashed in bad weather around 4 years later, killing both the pilot and sole passenger. I walked away from a crash in this plane at the Dutch Harbor airport a few months after this picture was taken; we ground looped at DUT when one of the landing gear struts failed during a hard landing.

Scanning some old slides and found this one of my commuter plane throughout the mid-1970s in the Aleutians. This Grumman Goose was operated by Reeve Aleutian Airways, then by PenAir under contract to RAA. The image is from King Cove, Alaska. We'd catch the Goose at Cold Bay and shuttle to King Cove, around 2o minutes away.

PICT0557a.jpg

This aircraft crashed in bad weather around 4 years later, killing both the pilot and sole passenger. I walked away from a crash in this plane at the Dutch Harbor airport a few months after this picture was taken; we ground looped at DUT when one of the landing gear struts failed during a hard landing.

Wow, crazy. Glad you were ok. Should have played the lottery the next day but shoot, it probably wasn't around in them days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back