Airplane Pictures

nice. i like 'em.

I am not as uninterested as Carli is, LOL I think these photos could be really cool, the problem with these pics though is the contrast difference in the plane vs the sky. What camera are you using to take these pics? If its a newer one try using spot metering on the plane (if your camera has this type of meter) and shooting your pic using the meter suggestions only on the plane. Remember your camera meter is trying to make everything in the picture look 18% grey, and with a bright blue background like that, your going to have to over expose the picture to get any detail on the plane.

If your camera doesn't have a spot meter, or you don't have a separate spot meter, then just bracket your picture (ie shoot 3 pics of it, 1 undersexposed, 1 right exposer, and one over exposed). For best results though, you will need to over expose these pictures about 1-2 stops.
Keep trying remember to overexpose those well backlit pictures, you will be amazed how cool they can look.

I used a Nikon Coolpix 4500. I do agree with all of the things mentioned. I would have probably done things different if I had set out to take plane pictures. I just took these with a 10 min downtime I had on my trip. Thanks for all of the comments!

In this case I would choose to make a statement of a wise friend of mine. They are only interesting and nothing more. After seconds of viewing no more depth can be found and no story is hidden in the picture.

This is mostly because of the focus and under exposure of the airplane. They did stop nicely in the shot.

I wish I could remember who made this quote but.... "the art of photography is seeing the same thing with a new set of eyes" :idea: :?:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back