Airshow pics.

Ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few from the first major airshow of the season over here. VE day airshow at Duxford last weekend.

DSC_3904.jpg

DSC_3935.jpg

DSC_4140.jpg

DSC_4321.jpg

Well don't you just know how to get into a girl's good books! ;-)
I'm having a little bit of trouble on judging depth in the second one .. But WATCH OUT! There's a really big prop infront of you silly man!!

These are all really great photos. Number 3 is probably my favourite.

Well don't you just know how to get into a girl's good books! ;-)

Well I thought I did, but I'd never before considered that aviation photography would do it! :)

I'm having a little bit of trouble on judging depth in the second one .. But WATCH OUT! There's a really big prop infront of you silly man!!

LOL. I think he's a lot further away than he looks.

These are all really great photos. Number 3 is probably my favourite.

Thanks. :)

Ant said:
Well I thought I did, but I'd never before considered that aviation photography would do it!
I'm just a little bit high on everything aviation at the moment. Just heard back that I have to go do a day of testing to get into Air Traffic Control school. Yay!
So I love getting motivation from these great aviation photos on this forum!

AIRIC said:
Anthony, Very nice captures. Do you have more on your website from the event ? I will have to go check. :thumbsup:

Eric

Hi Eric.

Unfortunately I gave up the website. Various stuff happening in my life, as well as being made redundant from my job meant that I didn't have time for much photography or the site :(

I'll wait to see what happens over this airshow season and I may get it back up again if my life ends up a bit more stable and if I've got some good stuff to put up on it.

Here's a few more:

DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4185.jpg

DSC_4135.jpg

DSC_4343.jpg

Sorry to hear about the job. Is that Elution P-40 cool or what? Dick Thurman had one around here that I saw once but it has since changed hands and is now painted as a Flying Tiger. Both T-bird shots are cool with the heat waves. It almost looks like Steve Hinton flying it but I guess not. Keep em coming! Don’t know about anyone else but I really love them. Cool Mk V Spit with the three blade prop, I'm envious :(

Eric

This was my fourth Duxford airshow in less than a year and I'm still not tired of seeing those old warbirds :).....they're a bit of a pain to photograph though. Trying to blur the prop whilst preventing the rest of the photo going blurred is pretty tricky. I just went with a fast shutter speed on the spit, hence the rather odd looking frozen prop :(

I'll try to get a few others post processed and put them up.

I know what you mean about the shutter speed, I fight with it myself. Excellent work and lighting. I would rather see a stopped prop then a blurred image.

Eric

Really like the Hellcat shot, in the sun, but a dark sky behind.
Very nice.

Bill

Most reactions

Back