What's new

Alabama Church

pixeldawg

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
155
Reaction score
2
Location
Alabama
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you drive from Montgomery to Tuscaloosa on Highway 82, you go through a little town called Centerville, which incidently is the geographical center of our state. Along that way, there's this small, methodist church that just screams to be photographed. I finally stopped a while back and shot some images of it. Hope you enjoy!

 
That's gorgeous.. I know that in New England, the church was one of the first buildings to be built and set the center of the town.
 
This is a great image. :thumbup: I would crop out the blue spot created by the lens flare to the right, though.
 
Not bad. The subject doesn't really draw me in, but I could be missing something that others would see in it.
 
I agree with Mersad on the lens flare. That should be an easy cloning task, I think. Other than that: cute little church - nicely composed. I always get curious to see what such little churches look like inside?
 
It's a nice enough shot, but seems like a background asking for a subject to step in front of it.

Also, other parts of day might provide more interesting lighting. I bet you the front was nicely lit through the trees an hour earlier.
 
It's a nice shot. If you can, you may try taking the shot again when the tree to the left is a little fuller. The tree on the right is dark and fills out the picture, but the one on the left makes the image seem bare.
 
Thanks to one and all for your observations and responses! I appreciate reading them and will incorporate your suggestions if I get down to that church again. I'd really like to shoot this very late in the afternoon in the spring- I think that would be the optimal time to shoot this scene.

I agree that cloning the flair would be better than cropping and is a simple fix for this.

Thanks once again and Happy New Year to all of you!
 
compositions is great like everyone else said but the church reaaaaally need more light its so dull comparied to the serounding colours
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom