Alaska - Final Frontier: Glaciers, Whales & Beauty

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on a vacation with my family up to alaska, which was breathtaking. My father and I have been dying to go. It was quite fantastic and very beautiful. I geared up before the trip and thankfully so, most of the below shots were with my new wide angle (tokina 11-16) and my B+W CP filter. I took around 2k shots (it was vacation after all), and still have about half to sort/edit.

I'd recommend it to all. We roughed it on a cruise boat which was also interesting.

Also being that photography is a hobby, not a career for me, I just created a website (mostly to showcase, and [hopefully] sell my photos, particularly alaska shots). Your feedback on it would greatly be appreciated.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the alaskan outdoors in the comfort of your room :D

1. Leaving Seattle
Seaward-25-L.jpg

2. Juneau
Juneau-08-L.jpg

3. Glacier Bay is purty
DSC5453-L.jpg

4. Glacier in Glacier Bay
DSC5414-L.jpg

5. Oh, look, just some orca's we saw
SitkaTour-61-L.jpg
:D

I dont want to overload it, so more shots are here. Thanks!

#3 and #5 are the standouts to me. For #5, I prefer just a bit more contrast, sharpness, and a bit of noise reduction but I can understand if you were going for the 'dreamy' feel.

Overall, nice set, and I envy you. Alaska is a trip that is on my bucket list.

#3 and #5 are the standouts to me. For #5, I prefer just a bit more contrast, sharpness, and a bit of noise reduction but I can understand if you were going for the 'dreamy' feel.

Overall, nice set, and I envy you. Alaska is a trip that is on my bucket list.

Thanks for the feedback, The dreamy feel is actually a side affect of the conditions around the shot. It was a very rough (sitka native was our guide, said 3rd roughest day he's been out on) and I have very weak sea legs. In fact this shot was taken between lovely experiences where I was promptly putting my 'cookies' overboard if you will. :lol: Thus from that and the waves is the lack of super tact sharp focus which is unfortunate. Cool story huh haha

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back