Photos OK to edit
Some pictures from my Alaskan cruise.

alaskacanon--137.jpg

alaskanikon1--284-Copy.jpg

alaskanikon1--129_zpsfcaf8014.jpg

alaskanikon1--118_zps2d772f1b.jpg

alaskanikon1--283_zps865292f9.jpg

Beautiful scenery

Awesome! Where did you go on your cruise? I went on an Alaskan cruise at the end of May and went from Seward to Vancouver. I'm already planning another...

We took the Norwegian line out of Seattle in late June. We had stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Victoria. Most of these shots were in Glacier Bay. If you go this way, you have to make sure your cruise is going into Glacier Bay. If I recall, they only let in a very limited number of ships a day and not every ship can go in. We had at least 3 other cruise ships in every port, but I didn't see another ship in the bay when we were there. I would love to go back,too. I was thinking maybe renting a motorhome next time to do things at my pace. Glad you guys liked the picts.

Apart from the dramatic landscapes, there is not much going on. I find the compositions rather boring, and none of the images keep me looking. They are quite depth-less or flat, and the colours seem a little off in some of them (blue-ish snow). I think this was much more wow-like in person. I wish I was on the ship to see the landscape, because I don't think they translated very well to images.

I never considered that foreigners listen to A-ha :p Morten Harket knows how to sing!

Apart from the dramatic landscapes, there is not much going on. I find the compositions rather boring, and none of the images keep me looking. They are quite depth-less or flat, and the colours seem a little off in some of them (blue-ish snow). I think this was much more wow-like in person. I wish I was on the ship to see the landscape, because I don't think they translated very well to images.

Thanks for your feedback. You're right, pictures don't do justice compared to being there. That's why I always recommend the Alaska cruises. I usually hate cool light, but when I warmed the pictures up a little it just didn't look right. Given the choice, I would have rather been a lot closer with a wider lens and some morning sun warming the rocks, but being on a cruise ship you're at the mercy of their timing and distance.

I am doing a cruise on the Norwegian Pearl in Sept myself. (You didn't say which one you were on but I think NCL only has two up there so I got a 50/50 chance of being on the same one). Looking forward to it, as it will let me check off AK on my "been there, done that list" and finish all 50 states. Whoohoo

They are nice but need some post production. I know you said you tried warming them up, why not just a little contrast, black and whites, etc...

I am doing a cruise on the Norwegian Pearl in Sept myself. (You didn't say which one you were on but I think NCL only has two up there so I got a 50/50 chance of being on the same one). Looking forward to it, as it will let me check off AK on my "been there, done that list" and finish all 50 states. Whoohoo

Senior moment, I couldn't remember the ship, but it was the NCL Pearl. Have fun on your trip.

They are nice but need some post production. I know you said you tried warming them up, why not just a little contrast, black and whites, etc...
Thanks for the feedback. They could use more contrast.

I like the black and white idea. That may be exactly what these need. Maybe some strategic cropping as well.

Edit: did a quick edit on my phone, and the bw gets the lonely and remote feeling across better, in my opinion :)

Took your advise and made some adjustments. More contrast definitely looks better. Tried some black and whites, but I know there's a lot more technique to learn. Fiddled with blue and cyan sliders to bring out the sky more.

alaskanikoncontrast_zpsaf46e4f3.jpg

alaskanikon1--283con_zps58cec99b.jpg

alaskanikon1--129_zps998223e1.jpg

alaskanikon1--103bw_zpsa4800d6b.jpg

alaskanikon1--129bw_zps4edf174e.jpg

alaskanikon1--283bw_zps07c9d37b.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back